Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
Bae

2020 26DBH Grey Wolf

We are leaning toward buying a 26DBH. I would love to hear from people what you like and don't like about it?
I like the fact everything is accessible with the slide closed, the outside kitchen, and the rear rack. We have been going back and forth between a toy hauler 25RRT and this one. The main toys we would haul are bikes and kayaks. We can currently load our kayaks on the truck and I think the bikes would work on the rear rack of the 26DBH ? We travel from Michigan to Georgia once or twice a year with it and use a truck stop for the night each way along with a bunch of camping around the lakes in Michigan.
We have an dog, 8 year old and some times 1 or 2 of her friends.
Thanks for any feedback,
Confused

18 nights planned so far in Michigan 2019
11 night planned in Georgia 2019
4 nights boon docking Kentucky 2019
Bae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #2

I have the 23DHB it’s little brother and love it. The rack was a selling option for me when I bought it but found it too difficult to store bikes. I wish I could remove and add a true bike rack. For the price they have several options compared to others that we looked at. I also like the floor plan compared to most of there.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #3

My wife and I enjoy our 2017 26dbh. We have two kids ages 9 and 6, and a small dog.

The bunks are plenty big for the children, the table seats the four of us comfortably, and the added space for the couch vs the 23dbh is nice. Can't remark on the table and couch as a bed since we've never used them.

I really like the outdoor cook top, the exterior shower head for rinsing off the kids, and the rear door going directly into the bathroom. The "master suite" is plenty big for us as well.

I was initially concerned about the amount of storage, but so far it has been plenty for us as we're mostly weekend warriors with the occasional week long trip.

My dislikes are pretty much standard. The mattress is rough. You'll want at least a mattress topper. The fixtures feel cheap in the bathroom, but we may upgrade them at some point. Finally, mine doesn't have a ladder to access the roof. I didn’t care in the beginning but I wish I had one now.

Other than those very minor and easily remedied nitpicks, we love it.
therabidlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
Bae

Thanks! We looked at the 26DBH Grey Wolf, 274DBH and Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L on Saturday. We decided on the Alpha Wolf and should be picking it up this Friday if I can get off work. We are pretty excited about this floor plan, the first trip will be a 700 mile run to Georgia for a long Easter weekend.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by therabidlama View Post
My dislikes are pretty much standard. The mattress is rough. You'll want at least a mattress topper. The fixtures feel cheap in the bathroom, but we may upgrade them at some point. Finally, mine doesn't have a ladder to access the roof. I didn’t care in the beginning but I wish I had one now.

Other than those very minor and easily remedied nitpicks, we love it.
What are the main reasons you wish you had a ladder?
AE0MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bae View Post
We are leaning toward buying a 26DBH. I would love to hear from people what you like and don't like about it?
I like the fact everything is accessible with the slide closed, the outside kitchen, and the rear rack. We have been going back and forth between a toy hauler 25RRT and this one. The main toys we would haul are bikes and kayaks. We can currently load our kayaks on the truck and I think the bikes would work on the rear rack of the 26DBH ? We travel from Michigan to Georgia once or twice a year with it and use a truck stop for the night each way along with a bunch of camping around the lakes in Michigan.
We have an dog, 8 year old and some times 1 or 2 of her friends.
Thanks for any feedback,
Confused
If yow want something very similar, but a little lighter, look at the 26DJSE. We compared this to the 26DBH side by side at a RV show this winter, and ended up choosing the DJSE. Same basic layout, same bunk's, same bed, but no slide out. That removes a bit of weight, and a little expense to go with it. So far we love ours, though we have only had it out once. We have 2 kids, and often take my mom or the in-laws out camping, and we should have plenty of room for all of us.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/tr...lf/26DJSE/3093
Old 04-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #7

I have a 2019 26dbh gw, I love it it's perfect for my family of 6. At first I wanted the door that accesses the bathroom and got it, but now I wished I would have got an outdoor kitchen. Regardless with having 4 kids they will track dirt throughout the trailer. I also wish it had a ladder to access the roof, one less thing you need to haul around.
Idk about yours but I'm pretty bummed that my bathroom doesn't have light switches, for me I dont mind bcuz I can reach the lights but for the kids I either have to leave a light on or put a night light in there. That's probably the most irritating thing.
Greywolf 26dbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf 26dbh View Post
I have a 2019 26dbh gw, I love it it's perfect for my family of 6. At first I wanted the door that accesses the bathroom and got it, but now I wished I would have got an outdoor kitchen. Regardless with having 4 kids they will track dirt throughout the trailer. I also wish it had a ladder to access the roof, one less thing you need to haul around.
Idk about yours but I'm pretty bummed that my bathroom doesn't have light switches, for me I dont mind bcuz I can reach the lights but for the kids I either have to leave a light on or put a night light in there. That's probably the most irritating thing.
We had the same problem in our 16BHS, and the "solution" was a battery operated motion light in the bathroom. the 26DJSE doesn't have a light switch in it either, and I plan to solve that issue with one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KO0HAH6
Old 04-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE0MT View Post
We had the same problem in our 16BHS, and the "solution" was a battery operated motion light in the bathroom. the 26DJSE doesn't have a light switch in it either, and I plan to solve that issue with one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KO0HAH6
Yeah I plan on buying this to solve my problem Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190411-201611_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	201480
Old 04-14-2019, 07:22 AM   #10

I have a 2018 grey wolf 27dbs. With the young kids we leave the light on at night, with the door closed. With the space above an below door, let’s a little light in so no one bumps into anything
Darrinlambier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrinlambier View Post
I have a 2018 grey wolf 27dbs. With the young kids we leave the light on at night, with the door closed. With the space above an below door, let’s a little light in so no one bumps into anything
I usually leave the blue led light on that's above the slide
Old 04-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #12
Bae

we put a night light in the bathroom for now. I will add one of the free harbor freight lights in the bathroom. I have been leaving the stove blue led's on for the living area seems to be just enough light.
I had a leak with the shower water, they didn't tighten the hoses enough. I am glad I found that before going to Georgia and hooking up to city water. Everything else has been great furnace works good!

Old 04-16-2019, 10:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE0MT View Post
What are the main reasons you wish you had a ladder?
Short answer, less to pack. I have a collapsible ladder that I use now and it works flawlessly; however, it's one more thing to remember when packing, store, and haul.

We stay in a lot of well shaded state parks and I've found that if I don't sweep the slide it can collect debris. Leaves haven't been an issue, but pine needles seem to always get caught in the weather stripping. Had cluster of needles sneak by me and created a temporary water entry point during a downpour. Luckily I caught it before it had a chance to become an issue. 2 lessons learned. Don't forget the ladder and always check the slide for debris.
therabidlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:22 PM   #14
Bae

I threw in my collapsable ladder but was able to stand on the tailgate to check the slide. I had a topper put on when we purchased the camper but still like to check.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #15

Did our walk through on the weekend and picking it up this comming weekend.
1. Dont like. The light switches are not kid friendly. The main area is on the upper cabinets and the bathroom is a push button on the ceiling. Will have to wire in a switch so my 4 and 7 year old can use the bathroom at night.
2. Dont like. Outdoor shower on the door side where all the action is. Sales person said they did that to wash your feet off before goinginto the camper. That being said, that make the dirt soupy right at the door. Now have to extend the hose to the slide out side so you can have an actual shower. Anyone have a good reason why this should be on the door side otherwise?
3. Really like. Fire place. Took 5 minutes for it to warm up the trailer from 5deg Celsius to comfortable level.
4. Really like. Storage is easily accessible.
SameSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameSpeed View Post
Did our walk through on the weekend and picking it up this comming weekend.
1. Dont like. The light switches are not kid friendly. The main area is on the upper cabinets and the bathroom is a push button on the ceiling. Will have to wire in a switch so my 4 and 7 year old can use the bathroom at night.
We bought these and put one in the bathroom. Motion activates and bright enough to use at night. Don't have to worry about kids not turning off when done. We mounted the other outside beside the door. Helps finding keys when coming back at night in the dark.
www.amzn.com/B008X099PG

Quote:
2. Dont like. Outdoor shower on the door side where all the action is. Sales person said they did that to wash your feet off before goinginto the camper. That being said, that make the dirt soupy right at the door. Now have to extend the hose to the slide out side so you can have an actual shower. Anyone have a good reason why this should be on the door side otherwise?
My Cherokee has one both side. I've used the next to door to wash down tables and stuff when packing up. Never used it while camping. You could always buy a small tub if you want to use it.

Quote:
3. Really like. Fire place. Took 5 minutes for it to warm up the trailer from 5deg Celsius to comfortable level.
When on shore power we have used fireplace and run the ac/heat fans only and have been comfortable throughout the RV down into the 40's.

Quote:
4. Really like. Storage is easily accessible.
Totes will be your friend. Another tip: We bought a tote for each kid as a dresser for their clothes. Sit on bed during the day and move to table at night. Not a big deal to move around and their clothes are out of the way.

I also bought 4 of these ( www.amzn/B0752BQX1C) and mounted in each bunk area and master bedroom. Plugs into the existing usb ports and everyone can have moving air in their sleeping space. I run mine even when ac is on.
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:49 PM   #17

2020 26DBH Grey Wolf

I also bought 4 of these ( www.amazon/B0752BQX1C) and mounted in each bunk area and master bedroom. Plugs into the existing usb ports and everyone can have moving air in their sleeping space. I run mine even when ac is on.[/QUOTE]

What is the product? Link is broken and I’m interested.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
I also bought 4 of these ( www.amazon/B0752BQX1C) and mounted in each bunk area and master bedroom. Plugs into the existing usb ports and everyone can have moving air in their sleeping space. I run mine even when ac is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
What is the product? Link is broken and I’m interested.
Opps, forgot the .com

They are usb powered personal fans.

www.amzn.com/B0752BQX1C
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:05 AM   #19

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #20

Found these at Walmart today. Motion activated LED pick lights with photo sensor eye. Think this will be an easy fix for the bathroom light fir kids. I just stuck it on the side of the cabinet so when when walk in it lights up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7308.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	203821

Tags
26dbh, grey wolf