Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #1

23 dbh slide out stuck open

I opened the slide up today. Just like always it worked perfect. Then went to close it and it was dead. Seems like the motors are now dead. I've never had an issue before.

I have no blown fuses. 12 volts at the switch. 12 volts out when switch is active. I did the manual override woth nothing.

Has his happened to you before? Any ideas? I desperately need to get this this retracted.

Thanks for the help
Petef729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Is it a Schwintek slideout?
If so, there are many YouTube troubleshooting videos on them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #3

Yes it is. I'm on YouTube right now looking. Thank you for the reply. I'm extremely stressed about this. Its he annual dirt biking president day weekend trip. Talk about bad timing
Old 02-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #4

Check the switch for the slide with an ohm meter as it could be a bad switch. If the switch test good then locate the slide motor controller and see if there is a error detected as you should see flashing LED’s which will indicate the type of failure. Could be a loose power wire to the slide motor controller as well. Try the simple things first. If it is one of the two slide motors they are mounted inside of the wall . Have to remove the slide d-bulb seal at the top to get access to the motors.
Barmstrong77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmstrong77 View Post
Check the switch for the slide with an ohm meter as it could be a bad switch. If the switch test good then locate the slide motor controller and see if there is a error detected as you should see flashing LED’s which will indicate the type of failure. Could be a loose power wire to the slide motor controller as well. Try the simple things first. If it is one of the two slide motors they are mounted inside of the wall . Have to remove the slide d-bulb seal at the top to get access to the motors.
Thanks. I was able to get it in. I popped the motors up. No error codes. 12 volts plus to controller. I need to see if I have power coming in when the switch is pressed. I had a water leak last night in he rain. This morning found the wall wet under the slide. I think it might have something to do with it
Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #6

I have a full length slide. What I have found is that I need to have more than 12.0 volts to open or close the slide. The slide on my rig seem to be happy with 12.4 volts or more.

Before I discovered this, I was having all sorts of problems opening or closing the slide. Finally, I solved the problem by running the generator and connecting a regular battery charger for a few minutes. Then I had enough "juice" to open or close the slides.
WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneLee View Post
I have a full length slide. What I have found is that I need to have more than 12.0 volts to open or close the slide. The slide on my rig seem to be happy with 12.4 volts or more.

Before I discovered this, I was having all sorts of problems opening or closing the slide. Finally, I solved the problem by running the generator and connecting a regular battery charger for a few minutes. Then I had enough "juice" to open or close the slides.
Thanks man. I'll check that tonight. I'm on shore power. I have 12+ at the controller. I spoke with tech support this morning and he pointed towards the battery also. So I'll dig into that tonight
Old 02-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #8

Actually, I don't use the generator/charger method anymore. I took my rig to my favorite service place after my warranty expired. The service staff found that the factory had made incomplete, and sloppy connections at the slide's motors. The connections would work under the "charger" method, just not on a lower battery level. The connections were properly fixed and I no longer have any problems with the slide.
WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #9

So I was able to remove the motors, slide it in by hand. Reinstalled the motors. Had help tonight and the switch is working. When pressed it makes the LEDs on the controller flash. I am now getting 1 green and 8 reds. Wiring short inbetween the controller and motor 1.
I tested the motors and both work when 12 volts is applied.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:33 AM   #10

Any update?

Tags
slide, slide out