Old 03-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #1

26 DBH questions for the owners

My wife and I ordered one in February and I just had a few off the wall questions I can't really answer without the unit in front of me. Ours is a 2017 26 DBH limited with all packages and the mini camp kitchen. So here goes...

1. How many a/c ducts are there and how many per room?

2. What is the size of the cargo carrier rack on the rear?

3. If you hardwired an EMS where did you put it?

4. Did you get a tub surround? Reason I ask is I am seeing a TON of 2017 limited's listed with the pics and most are not showing the surround which is part of the limited package. I will not accept one without it.

5. I am assuming this model does NOT have an inline filtration system from the factory.

6. Will I need awning stabilizers? Obviously will pull it in when it is windy but is a normal 10mph breeze too much?

7. Anything else I should know, you recommend?

I have a huge list of stuff to get before we pull out of the driveway for the first time but I am holding off until it arrives before I start ordering. These few questions have been running through my head the last couple weeks and I just had to ask.

Any info. is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
My wife and I ordered one in February and I just had a few off the wall questions I can't really answer without the unit in front of me. Ours is a 2017 26 DBH limited with all packages and the mini camp kitchen. So here goes...

1. How many a/c ducts are there and how many per room?

2. What is the size of the cargo carrier rack on the rear?

3. If you hardwired an EMS where did you put it?

4. Did you get a tub surround? Reason I ask is I am seeing a TON of 2017 limited's listed with the pics and most are not showing the surround which is part of the limited package. I will not accept one without it.

5. I am assuming this model does NOT have an inline filtration system from the factory.

6. Will I need awning stabilizers? Obviously will pull it in when it is windy but is a normal 10mph breeze too much?

7. Anything else I should know, you recommend?

I have a huge list of stuff to get before we pull out of the driveway for the first time but I am holding off until it arrives before I start ordering. These few questions have been running through my head the last couple weeks and I just had to ask.

Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regarding the tub surround. Are u referring to the wall? These units do not have the plastic ceramic on the wall which is kind of weird.

The awning should be ok in a light breeze but would put it in if it gets really windy.

Cargo carrier is about 3ft deep and as wide as bumper. Perfect for a cooler. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5142.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	132254

kfcflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #3

We have the 2017 27DBS which is pretty much the DBH but with a half bunk slide in the back. It has 2 ducts 1 left of the front door when you walk in which can point in to the bedroom and 1 going thru the pantry pointing into the bunk area. I would assume your 2nd one is a little different without the slide. There are plenty of knockouts in the furnace so adding a third one to blow into the dining area will probably not be that difficult, which I most definitely plan on doing. Also there is no duct in the bathroom in ours.
The pics are usually generic pics the dealer uses....when we went and looked at ours the pics didn't show any with the limited amenities and had I not known from the rv forums that all campers are not created equally even if they are the same in name and decided to check out all the 27DBS's on the lot, we would have never seen the one with the limited add ons. Which does have the tub suround and was kind of hidden in the back of the lot.
We have no filter and the spare on the carrier seems awfully low to the ground when down, not sure I would feel comfortable using it with the spare still attached. Not really sure about the actual dimensions.
Glampster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcflores View Post
Regarding the tub surround. Are u referring to the wall? These units do not have the plastic ceramic on the wall which is kind of weird.

The awning should be ok in a light breeze but would put it in if it gets really windy.

Cargo carrier is about 3ft deep and as wide as bumper. Perfect for a cooler. Attachment 132254
The one on the lot we looked at definitely had a tub surround, the plastic walls instead of drywall. It is also listed as a standard feature on the limited package like the unit we looked at before ordering.

Even the one on the dealers website has it, and I am fairly certain they are genuine pictures as I can see the local water tower in some of the pictures. I just found it odd some I was seeing listed as a limited online did not have it.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #5

I would not leave the spare tire on the drop down rack on the back. When we picked up our 274DBH last august we raised the rear rack during the PDI and found that the spare tire came in contact with the lot when they moved it, and the spare tire cover was torn up. Ours was and early 2017 Cherokee Limited made in June of 2017. It had the older looking head of the Wolf on the tire cover that is somewhat like the Wolf head decal on the front cap. Still trying to get the correct cover. They did give me a plain cover, and a newer style cover. I still hope to get an original cover. So I now remove the spare when the rack is down. I use the rack to haul two bikes with front tires removed, mounted by the front fork anchors. I put the spare under the bed and the front bicycle wheels in the rear cargo hold. I hope you enjoy your new trailer as much as we enjoy ours.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I recommend awning poles to tie it down, why have an awning if you can't use it.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:52 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0261.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	132281
Especially if your using a sun screen!

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote