Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #1

26DBH Grey Wolf leaking underneath ?

So I happened to notice recently at the back end of my new 26DBH that the insulation underneath was sagging "like a really wet baby diaper". Sure enough, I crawled up under there and poked around a little, and I can tell that the insulation has come loose from the edge, sagged to the center of this section, and is wet an mushy. With a tent stake, I carefully poked a very small hole in the lowest point to confirm my concerns - water began draining out of there. The good news is, it definitely is not "black water" - it may be either "grey water" or "clean water" (I'm not sure yet). I carefully sliced a little more of the plastic enough to see inside that indeed the insulation seems "full of water" in that section. I have not noticed any leaking INSIDE of the storage compartment under the bunks OR in the bathroom area. Note: the shower / tub is literally right above the spot where this is leaking ... I'm jumping to a conclusion that something is leaking in there, but maybe, it is "OUTSIDE" of the camper (as in not leaking on the wood floors, etc. (?)

Any others have a similar experience with this? I am a seasonal camper, and without a tow vehicle - wondering what I might be able to do to get this checked and fixed (still under first year warranty) - dealer implied any warranty service would need to be done there (about two hours away) OR possibly at an "authorized dealer" closer - what are the odds I can get someone to come onsite for something like this?

Thanks for any input.

2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170723_164126.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	145865  
Attached Files
justkdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:21 PM   #2

How close is your fresh water tank to where the water is pooling? If you are hooked to a water source the water pump might be leaking past the seal and going into the fresh water tank. How full is your water tank?
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:19 AM   #3

I would say your shower trap is leaking.. possibly you dont see it on the floor in the bathroom because you have the nose high in the camper.

My brand new 2018 coachmen had the trap not hooked up from the factory.

The first shower I took in when the camper was in my driveway flooded the bathroom some.

Water came out the side of the trailer but the majority got trapped in underbelly..

I had it out with coachmen...

Lawrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrosa View Post
I would say your shower trap is leaking.. possibly you dont see it on the floor in the bathroom because you have the nose high in the camper.

My brand new 2018 coachmen had the trap not hooked up from the factory.

The first shower I took in when the camper was in my driveway flooded the bathroom some.

Water came out the side of the trailer but the majority got trapped in underbelly..

I had it out with coachmen...

X2, remove access panel for shower pan and look at the P trap connection. If that is not it, check the water lines to sink and shower.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:51 AM   #5

I would definitely have the dealer come out and look at it. I wouldn't want to tear into it and have them tell me it was my fault things were leaking. I would believe they would come out and at least look at it for you.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #6

Either your shower trap is leaking or your bathtub isn't sealed to the wall allowing water that's on the walls to run down past the tub. I had the later happen and had a whole seasons worth of shower water in my underbelly. They had to slice the underbelly, replace all the insulation and then seal it up. They then ran a bead of sealant around the tub....it got covered under warranty, but I check it monthly now to make sure water isn't where it's supposed to stay away from.
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #7

I have a 2017 23DBH that had a leak in the same place. Got so sick of taking it back to the dealer, I just fixed it myself. I removed the coroplast screws at the frame on each side and cut the coroplast at the front section where the grey tank is and dropped it to the ground. Water poured out. The leak was from the connection they used at the grey tank outlet. I ran the sink, etc. and started dripping out. I used a 3.5" rubber coupler and reconnected everything. It was a shoddy install job on the manufacturer's end.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #8

thanks for the feedback everyone, making a list for this weekend
Old 08-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
How close is your fresh water tank to where the water is pooling? If you are hooked to a water source the water pump might be leaking past the seal and going into the fresh water tank. How full is your water tank?
That is something for me to check. I have never used the fresh water tank as we are hooked up to a supply. When I go this weekend, I'll check that, and also maybe just fill up the tank once to make sure all is working in case I need to use it in the future.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #10

last weekend I was able to remove the panel on the sidewall of the shower. What I "CAN" tell is that the trap is not leaking, the tub itself is not leaking, and there is no water under there on the floor or on the top of the insulation where the hole is cut through the floor for the piping to go through (I'm surprised how sloppy it is under there - obviously they assume nobody is going to be looking under there). I filled the tub, drained the tub, allowed the shower head to "run down the walls" for over five minutes like it would during a shower - never a drop in this area the whole time.

So, while I have not yet figured out what it "IS" - I have eliminated one of my biggest concerns - whatever it is does not appear to be leaking "inside" the trailer (as in onto the wood flooring, etc.) rather it is leaking "outside" of the trailer in the underbelly... UGH - stay tuned.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #11
SRN

May not be related, but for what it's worth….relative has a new Grey Wolf 265DBH8
(5'r). Noticed water dripping out through bottom, directly below bath location. Discovered the water filter was loose causing the leak & water to pool above the insulation until it leaked out. Tightened the filter……no leaks. Not sure if you have a filter, but it'd be worth checking.
SRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #12

Was this issue solved?

justkdue - I have the same problem, on the same model. Did you find the problem and correct it?
cajuncamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #13

It happened to us

We have a 2019 Cherokee 274 dbh and it did this on our beach trip. Its the two inch drain pipe that connects shower p trap to to drain pipe that goes to tank that came off. The front of the shower tub combo had a lot of flex and the pipe is adjustable and with every flex it works its way out. I put a coupler on it and firmed up tub.
bshurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #14

I know this is an old post but I have a 2014 grey wolf 26dbh with same problem. The dealer checked both grey and black tanks, and water lines said they were fine, then pressure tested unit to see where it was leaking. Had them reseal everything, still leaking when it rains ��. I resealed roof. Out of ideas where it is leaking from and getting very angry about situation, any other people have same problem and figure out where it’s coming in at! Thanks
Jerbecpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #15

I have a similar situation only our 26 dbh is wet in the front section of the underbelly

I assume that there is something that need sealing on top and its running down the framework. Still under warranty any advice as to how to approach this?
nitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitis View Post
I have a similar situation only our 26 dbh is wet in the front section of the underbelly

I assume that there is something that need sealing on top and its running down the framework. Still under warranty any advice as to how to approach this?
I just noticed the same thing on mine, water in the front section of my 26DJSE (like a DBH, but no slide). The only thing that's up there is the water heater.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1557775409
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-13 13.12.55.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	204523  
AE0MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #17

My water heater is in the back. But you definitely want to check that as the lines on mine were loose not even hand snug I noticed it dripping on our second trip
nitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #18

Noticed mine yesterday do the same. Removed the inspection plate and seen the p trap was disconnected. And noticed there is NO SUPPORT for the tub at the drain so as you shower n move around the tub flexes and the p trap disconnects. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190703_183353.jpeg
Views:	525
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	208937Click image for larger version

Name:	20190703_185822.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	208939Click image for larger version

Name:	20190703_183129.jpeg
Views:	574
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	208940
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #19

Water issues

We just purchased a brand new Alpha Wolf RK27. When testing in our driveway we had floods galore. Turns out the lines to the water pump and the freshwater drain were not connected. The line to the toilet kept leaking after multiple attempts to tighten. Additionally, the electrical lines to the electric stabelizers were not crimped on and the stabelizers failed on the first use. Two 3 hr round trips back to the dealer and a week without the trailer and hopefully things are good. Scrambling now to get it ready for travel in a week.
Devil in a blue dress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil in a blue dress View Post
We just purchased a brand new Alpha Wolf RK27. When testing in our driveway we had floods galore. Turns out the lines to the water pump and the freshwater drain were not connected. The line to the toilet kept leaking after multiple attempts to tighten. Additionally, the electrical lines to the electric stabelizers were not crimped on and the stabelizers failed on the first use. Two 3 hr round trips back to the dealer and a week without the trailer and hopefully things are good. Scrambling now to get it ready for travel in a week.
Didn't the dealer have the trailer hooked up to water and pressurized, for the PDI/walkthrough?
This should've been discovered then.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf, leak