Old 07-20-2016, 07:01 PM   #11
Who Dares, Wins
Depends on the state

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #12
In Colorado the limit is 70' from front bumper of tow vehicle to rear bumper of 2nd trailer... I'm a little over 60' total and it pulls great at 65-70mph with NO SWAY!!!

Loda8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:15 AM   #13
So how did you do the window, please?
Lukegsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #14
Here it is!

- Outline the door frame to use a template by placing a piece of cardboard on the top of door handle on the outside and tracing all the way around the black door frame frame
- Center window frame on template and trace outside of frame onto cardboard
- Reduce that outline now by 1/4" and that is what you will cut out of your template. Ensure window frame fits in hole before tracing hole onto door.
- Position template on door and ensure that it lines up "perfectly" along the outside of the door. Trace the cutout for window onto the door, a buddy helps out to help secure the template while tracing.
- repeat this on the inside of the door ensuring your template is lined up to the outside of the door frame not the white frame on the inside.
-TAKE YOUR TIME... Using a router or jig saw cut out each side separately then use a drywall hand saw or hacksaw blade to cut out foam. Your blade should penetrate through both cut out perfectly.
- fit check window frame onto door on both sides and trim as necessary.
- apply seal tape to outside and inside edge of outer door frame. Don't over due the tape, more to clean up at final.
- let set in sun for 5-10min then install window to outer frame ensuring smooth side of glass is to the inside of door and window sets in on frame tabs.
- NEED A HELPER... Insert outer window frame to door and center a possible and have your helper install the inner frame and start ALL the screws. tighten screws but DO NOT over tighten and strip... I started them all with screw gun on lowest setting then went back and hand tightened them.
- NOW THE FUN PART... Take a razor and gently cut along frame on both sides to remove excess seal tape. Once it is all cleaned off use some Goof Off to remove all remaining residue.
- Each door took about and hour, GOOD LUCK!!!

Here is the link to order your stuff!

Valterra 77051 Entrance Door Glass / Frame 12"W X 21"H
Heng's 5055 Butyl Rubber Tape, 3/16" x 3/4", Black
Old 07-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #15
Nice work! We have a 21RB and I was thinking about adding a window to the door. Know I know how to! Thanks for the detailed tutorial!
Heli-Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #16
Who do you fly for??
Old 07-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #17
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the max air cover thingy?
jhenretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #18
Vent cover allows you to leave the vent open ALL THE TIME... By leaving it open your camper airs out and you don't have to worry about closing it when it rains!!
Old 08-01-2016, 10:55 PM   #19
Nice work on the windows!

I think the hitch welded to the bumper may do nasty things with your warranty though.
2016 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBH
2013 Silverado 2500 HD - 6.0 Vortec / 3.73
Days Camped 2016 - 12
Days Planned - 12

Dr-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #20
I made sure to check with dealer prior to doing any mods... The doors are out of warranty now that I installed the Windows but that is it... They stated to me that none of these mods would have any effect on fridge, slide, heater etc not working.