Here it is!
- Outline the door frame to use a template by placing a piece of cardboard on the top of door handle on the outside and tracing all the way around the black door frame frame
- Center window frame on template and trace outside of frame onto cardboard
- Reduce that outline now by 1/4" and that is what you will cut out of your template. Ensure window frame fits in hole before tracing hole onto door.
- Position template on door and ensure that it lines up "perfectly" along the outside of the door. Trace the cutout for window onto the door, a buddy helps out to help secure the template while tracing.
- repeat this on the inside of the door ensuring your template is lined up to the outside of the door frame not the white frame on the inside.
-TAKE YOUR TIME..
. Using a router or jig saw cut out each side separately then use a drywall hand saw or hacksaw blade to cut out foam. Your blade should penetrate through both cut out perfectly.
- fit check window frame onto door on both sides and trim as necessary.
- apply seal tape to outside and inside edge of outer door frame. Don't over due the tape, more to clean up at final.
- let set in sun for 5-10min then install window to outer frame ensuring smooth side of glass is to the inside of door and window sets in on frame tabs.
- NEED A HELPER... Insert outer window frame to door and center a possible and have your helper install the inner frame and start ALL the screws. tighten screws but DO NOT over tighten and strip... I started them all with screw gun on lowest setting then went back and hand tightened them.
- NOW THE FUN PART... Take a razor and gently cut along frame on both sides to remove excess seal tape. Once it is all cleaned off use some Goof Off to remove all remaining residue.
- Each door took about and hour, GOOD LUCK!!!
Here is the link to order your stuff!
Valterra 77051 Entrance Door Glass / Frame 12"W X 21"H
Heng's 5055 Butyl Rubber Tape, 3/16" x 3/4", Black