Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #1

26dbh questions

We just got a new 2014 Grey Wolf 26DBH TT. This is not our first TT but it is definitely different than what we are used to. We have a few questions.
1. When filling up the fresh water tank, the water started to run out of a pipe under the trailer, approx between the tires on the slide out side. Is this supposed to happen?
2. Is there somewhere that we can get an owner's manual?
3. There are 2 hoses that are open ended at the edge of the trailer at each end of the slide out. What are these for?

I think that sums it up for now.
Thanks.
jbmrn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

We have the same trailer... the overflow is only a short tube off the top of the fw tank. It does not vent out next to the fill like our old trailer.. our vent was actually filled with calk. The tubes are the slide drains I think. I noticed a gutter like set-up on them one time while poking around one time. No idea on the manual

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #3

Thanks so much for your reply. This is what I thought when I saw the hoses. Thought it was draining the slide out. When you say the vent was caulked, do you mean the one by the fill hole?
Old 05-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Yes sorry should having been more clear. The hole where my last trailers vents was (by the fw fill) was caulked closed, not the overflow tube on the tank. I was worried the lack of hose would allow water to drain out while on the road but after a 500 mile trip to SC it did not seem to loose any water. It also filled without constantly burbing like our ultra light did. So it seems to be good as of now.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 05-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #5

Check online for an owners manual. Maybe start at the FR site first and work from there. It will most likely be in a PDF file.
Bradlo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #6

I just brought home a brand new one home. Same model. I had the same little white tubing leaking at the fitting, at the fresh water tank, between the axles. It's a design flaw. The tubing fits rather loosely on the plastic fitting. Then all they do is secure it with a plastic keeper. Replace the plastic keeper with an old fashioned hose clamp that fits that diameter tubing. 1 minute fix.
kingw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #7

Sorry. Too many "homes" there.
kingw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingw View Post
I just brought home a brand new one home. Same model. I had the same little white tubing leaking at the fitting, at the fresh water tank, between the axles. It's a design flaw. The tubing fits rather loosely on the plastic fitting. Then all they do is secure it with a plastic keeper. Replace the plastic keeper with an old fashioned hose clamp that fits that diameter tubing. 1 minute fix.
You made a good point I completely failed to realize... yes it could be the drain valve is left open. That is between the wheels.. I just assumed it was the overflow. I also had a leak at the pumps suction at first. Only a drip but enough. Just recrimped the plastic clamp with my pliers and problem solved.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 05-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #9

Thanks everyone for the responses. It is that tubing between the axles. It was dripping and I think we got that fixed. I called the RV center who we bought it from and they are sending us a manual.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #10

Here is a link to the manual you will most likely be receiving from them. It is a very generic one that I received with my 26DBH http://www.forestriverinc.com/downlo...anual-TTFW.pdf
2022 Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote