Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #1

26DBH Speakers & TV

the wife and I just took our new 26DBH out for the first time. First time RV'ers, and just have a couple questions. First, the speakers inside are terrible. I read on one other thread about replacing them, but I don't have the camper at my house to take them out and measure, anybody know how deep of a speaker I can fit in there if I replace them?

Second, wondering about adding another TV mount in the bedroom on the opposite side of the wall from where the factory mount is located. Is this possible? Being our new toy, I'm leery to start putting screws in the walls without having done it before. I'm sure rv walls are quite different.

Thanks.
ND_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:41 AM   #2

When I bought a new Cherokee the speakers also sounded terrible. When brought to the dealers attention, they removed the speaker cover and discovered the insulation in the ceiling was pushing against the speaker cones causing the terrible sound, he took a knife and trimmed back the insulation and it was better but they still don't sound like good quality speakers.
NJLOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:09 AM   #3

I had a lot of trouble finding the stud in the bedroom wall (adjacent to where the antenna cable connector is). I was using a stud finder and I'd drill a hole and -- nothing. Turns out, I was too used to a wooden 2x4 and the "studs" here are hollow tubes. So I was hitting the stud....except I didn't know it. I put a couple of lag bolts in a the TV is now hung (but with a few extra holes in the wall)

No trouble here with speakers.....
Dennis_TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #4

The speakers are...well...you know. The best thing we got was a sound bar for the tv.

TT-2015 Cherokee 274dbh TV-2010 Jeep Commander Limited
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #5

Agree, the speakers suck. Just be glad that yours don't fall out of the ceiling. Mine too were being suffocated with insulation on the back side. The dealer re attached mine to the ceiling. The sound is slightly improved but a speaker upgrade is in the future.

Wouldn't a TV bracket in the master on the dividing wall keep the sliding doors from sliding all the way open?

2014 Ford F150 FX4 EB
2015 Grey Wolf 26DBH
1994 Palomino TXL
driftinby is offline   Reply With Quote