Old 08-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #11
Originally Posted by uchytil View Post
Don't want to hijack the thread from Purple_50, and I did comment previously, but...I wonder if there is a Lemon Law concerning these vehicles. I mean they are "vehicles" sharing the road with other vehicles, they have a VIN, they need to be safe, and functional. I've only had mine for a few months and had enough problems to warrant service, but, if I had the problems I read about other's I would be looking into state, and federal, lemon laws, and at the very least contacting the BBB. Maybe we should look into this?

I worked in the automotive industry for 12 years before I took my current job, The lemon law "in Minnesota anyway" had to be 3 repair attempts made on one warranty issue with the issue not being fixed before the manufacturer would offer a buy back. Only saw it 2 times in 12 years at the dealer, but I would think the RV industry would be same or similar at least?

purple_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #12
My dealer has been completely "nice" about doing repairs I just had no idea the trailer would have so many issues. My first by the way. I have nobody to blame for some items as I could have been more thorough when I went through the acceptance. Later, after I bought it, someone said these things were thrown together pretty fast without too much QA. I can believe it as I really look at some detail. Don't get me wrong - I really wanted this and plan to make it work, and upgrade at some point. I guess the best we can do is press the warranty, and if items have repeat failures keep records.

uchytil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #13
Well at least they are being decent about it for you, that does help! I know I was completely blown away at the differences between when a new car is delivered vs a new camper. There was metal chips and wood/saw dust everywhere. Everything is filthy... cars are spotless with higher quality fit and finish, it's crazy! Pdi process for cars is a whole different thing too, so thorough. We basically got the keys to the camper and a "thanks". I was highly disappointed

purple_50 is offline   Reply With Quote

repair, repairs, warranty