Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2016, 06:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerheye View Post
Is there a reason to not use a ceiling mount where it's indicated to install on the ceiling in the bedroom?
For me, there was two reason why I wall mounted vs ceiling mounted the TV in the bedroom...

1 - I absolutely knew for certain that the wall backer was actually there due to the wall mount on the other side of the wall in the living room. The thought of drilling holes on the ceiling, even though the sticker is there saying that there is a TV backer, really did make me nervous.
2 - I also did want the TV a little lower than what the ceiling mount would offer. A little easier on the neck when watching a movie or hockey game.
dmacalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:48 AM   #22

274DBH Washroom

Just though I would share some "tweaks" I made to the washroom in our 274DBH...

1 - Hand towel ring
2 - Toilet paper holder
3 - Additional towel rack over the door
4 - Backsplash on the wall
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1729.jpg
Views:	977
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	108597  
Old 05-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacalli View Post
For me, there was two reason why I wall mounted vs ceiling mounted the TV in the bedroom...

1 - I absolutely knew for certain that the wall backer was actually there due to the wall mount on the other side of the wall in the living room. The thought of drilling holes on the ceiling, even though the sticker is there saying that there is a TV backer, really did make me nervous.
2 - I also did want the TV a little lower than what the ceiling mount would offer. A little easier on the neck when watching a movie or hockey game.
thanks I changed my mind and am mounting it between doors on wall with a mount that you can remove the tv for travel, the overhead mount I biught was to heavy too
Jerheye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #24
RND

[QUOTE=Michael4017;1144755]Sink cover storage using 2 adhesive hooks upside down(saw this in a rv magazine). Attachment 103144

Tv mounted in bedroom-used a piece of wood to keep mount off the wall so the doors can closeAttachment 103145

Could you take a few more photos of the tv mount and how you did that? Love the idea. And the sink cover, ingenious! Gonna steal that idea from you for sure. Wife loves it too. Thanks for sharing.
2012 Polaris Sportsman 500
2009 Yamaha Yz250f
RND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:51 AM   #25

[QUOTE=RND;1204504]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael4017 View Post
Sink cover storage using 2 adhesive hooks upside down(saw this in a rv magazine). Attachment 103144

Tv mounted in bedroom-used a piece of wood to keep mount off the wall so the doors can closeAttachment 103145

Could you take a few more photos of the tv mount and how you did that? Love the idea. And the sink cover, ingenious! Gonna steal that idea from you for sure. Wife loves it too. Thanks for sharing.
I deleted all of my pictures and my camper is at the dealership due to cabinet finish bubbling due to water leak. I'll try to explain it:

I measured the distance between the bedroom doors and cut a scrap piece of wood to that width. Depth is also important so the mount is beyond the door closing.

I ordered this mount from Amazon just because it tilts and was small/cheap. Mount-it MI-4602($13)

I purchased 4 lag bolts at the hardware store two I think 2 3/4" and 2 3".

Pre drill your holes in the wood block. I spray painted the block black just to try to hide it better. Then mount your tv mount and enjoy.

'16 Cherokee 274DBH
'16 F150 XLT Crew 3.5eco
Michael4017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:29 PM   #26
RND

Awesome. Thank you for the info. Going to plan on doing it in the very near future. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
2009 Yamaha Yz250f
Old 06-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #27

I just added the TV to my bedroom in the 26DBH....Beware that the backer behind the main entertainment area is only 3/4" thick.....1/2 the thickness of the wall. I removed my rock wall, cut a hole in the plywood to verify and added a 1x3 in between the bedroom wall and the 3/4" plywood to take away the void in between.

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:22 PM   #28

Very cool mods so far. We just purchased a 2017 274DBH. Definitely doing the sink cover mod.

2012 Infinity QX56
2017 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH
Whiskey Priest 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #29
RND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Priest 6 View Post
Very cool mods so far. We just purchased a 2017 274DBH. Definitely doing the sink cover mod.

2012 Infinity QX56
2017 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH
Same here. Doing the sink mod tomorrow. Great idea.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
2009 Yamaha Yz250f
Old 07-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #30

Not sure how to post this but had dealer put in a new switch for step lights because if you turn off the awning led light you have no step lights.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #31

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1468015453.035018.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	113481
This bracket fits in between sliding bedroom doors for tv allows for easy removal for traveling, etc.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacalli View Post
Just though I would share some "tweaks" I made to the washroom in our 274DBH...

1 - Hand towel ring
2 - Toilet paper holder
3 - Additional towel rack over the door
4 - Backsplash on the wall
Nice! How long of screws did you use one the TP holder and towel ring as to not punch through too far?
Moellerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moellerdan View Post
Nice! How long of screws did you use one the TP holder and towel ring as to not punch through too far?

For both, I used the screws that came with the set. Found the stud on the wall for the towel ring with the stud finder, so nice and secure. For the TP holder, cut a small piece of 2x4 and "gorilla glued" it on the inside of the cabinet wall, then screwed the holder through the thin wall into the small piece of 2x4. Solid as a rock!
Old 07-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #34

I did the bathroom mods with the over the door rack, toilet paper holder and hand towel holder. I also have a battery operated motion sensor light under the medicine cabinet so its not dark when you go in there at night. Installed a LED light strip in the pantry along the vinyl trim from top to bottom. It has a motion sensor switch that activates it and illuminates the shelves quite well. I added a paper towel holder to the end of the cabinet by the sink just above the drawers. I also put a key ring rack near the door just below the cabinet. I put vinyl window tint and reflectix on all the windows. Insulated the under compartments and around the master bed with reflectix and then covered with masonite panels. Installed two RGB light strips, one on each side of the camper's frame facing outward. My initial goal was to be able to illuminate around the trailer for setting up at night. I placed the control unit in a 2" threaded PVC pipe with two end caps. Drilled out the end caps and ran the wires and IR sensor out then used RTV to seal up. Wired direct to battery with a fuse link and strapped next to the battery.
2000 F250 CC SD V10 4X4 8' bed, 4:30 gears, SCT X3
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 - Lots of GT mods
1965 Mustang Coupe I6, 3 spd. manual
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Funeral Car (Ghostbusters ECTO)
kc5mhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #35

Wow
Old 07-26-2016, 08:10 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5mhb View Post
I did the bathroom mods with the over the door rack, toilet paper holder and hand towel holder. I also have a battery operated motion sensor light under the medicine cabinet so its not dark when you go in there at night. Installed a LED light strip in the pantry along the vinyl trim from top to bottom. It has a motion sensor switch that activates it and illuminates the shelves quite well. I added a paper towel holder to the end of the cabinet by the sink just above the drawers. I also put a key ring rack near the door just below the cabinet. I put vinyl window tint and reflectix on all the windows. Insulated the under compartments and around the master bed with reflectix and then covered with masonite panels. Installed two RGB light strips, one on each side of the camper's frame facing outward. My initial goal was to be able to illuminate around the trailer for setting up at night. I placed the control unit in a 2" threaded PVC pipe with two end caps. Drilled out the end caps and ran the wires and IR sensor out then used RTV to seal up. Wired direct to battery with a fuse link and strapped next to the battery.
That sounds like a lot of work!
Question: Are you using the reflectix in the under compartments to keep hot air out? I was under the impression reflectix was really only useful when in direct sunlight - which reflects the light back out. The way you are using it on the windows sounds like it would be more beneficial. How are you keeping them in the window, tape or Velcro or something? Either way, I am curious to know how its working out for you. Would also love to see photos of your mods, some of them sound pretty cool.
jhenretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:46 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenretta View Post
That sounds like a lot of work!
Question: Are you using the reflectix in the under compartments to keep hot air out? I was under the impression reflectix was really only useful when in direct sunlight - which reflects the light back out. The way you are using it on the windows sounds like it would be more beneficial. How are you keeping them in the window, tape or Velcro or something? Either way, I am curious to know how its working out for you. Would also love to see photos of your mods, some of them sound pretty cool.
Yes. I used the reflectix in the under storage areas. I used a single piece all the way across and stapled it into place everywhere I could. I then covered it with a masonite type board that Home Depot sells. I had to cut the piece in half and come in through the bed storage areas. I had to take the struts off the bed and lift it as high as it would go then put the board in. I laid down on my back, got the board in place then nailed it with a finishing nail gun everywhere I could. Made a clean finish on both the front and back. I then cut reflectix and placed it around the frame of the bed where it meets the storage opening and stapled that into place to form a seal. The reflectix in the windows is just cut to size and jammed into the grooves on the sides in the windows that will allow it. The two large windows on the slide are a little more difficult but I left enough to force it to stay. I was thinking velcro might be a better alternative but I was short on time. Bedroom fire escape window is just cut wider than the window and slid behind the blind when it is down. It was just a trial and error on getting it to stay. As far as the insulating effect, I'm currently in Arkansas at a campground and it is hot. The Reflectix is making a huge difference blocking the heat from the windows. My new AC is having trouble keeping up due to kids and door opening and closing but I believe it would be hotter without any of the reflectix. The package states that it can be used for just about anything in building and boasts up to a R-6 rating.

Here is a link to some of my pics. I'll be adding more of them when I get back from vacation.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...jQ&usp=sharing
Old 08-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #38

Through the wall fan

I'm looking for a modification to pull cool air into the bathroom of my 274DBH. The bathroom has no air conditioner duct so it stays hotter than the rest of the camper. Obviously no one wants to leave their bathroom door open all the time so what I was looking to do was put a 12V fan in the wall between the upper bunk near the ceiling that would push air into the bathroom. I have not been able to find such an item. The fan would need a filter on the bunk side (to act as a privacy screen) and wall trim on both sides. Anyone know of anything out there or have done this mod? The fan doesn't need to be large but the covers for privacy are a must. I was looking at some large computer/server fans but they don't have covers.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #39

My 274DBH Mods

I love getting ideas from here, so I wanted to post some pics for others to use.

1. Sink cover Holders (I used Michael4017 mod on the sink cover)
2. LED battery operated light strips in Storage compartments and under bed
3. Ordered 14.5"x14.5" door from FR and cut in so I could get to the Water Heater bypass and water pump. That way I could winterize without being a contortionist to crawl under the bed. (For those with 2017's where they put the Water heater in the front left corner)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161008_143010.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	122786   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_143000.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	122787   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_143029.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	122788   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160707_191506.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	122789   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160707_191604.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	122790  

Name:	20161008_143213.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	122791   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160706_201551.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	122792   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160706_201556.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	122793  
gadgetgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:27 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5mhb View Post
Yes. I used the reflectix in the under storage areas. I used a single piece all the way across and stapled it into place everywhere I could. I then covered it with a masonite type board that Home Depot sells. I had to cut the piece in half and come in through the bed storage areas. I had to take the struts off the bed and lift it as high as it would go then put the board in. I laid down on my back, got the board in place then nailed it with a finishing nail gun everywhere I could. Made a clean finish on both the front and back. I then cut reflectix and placed it around the frame of the bed where it meets the storage opening and stapled that into place to form a seal. The reflectix in the windows is just cut to size and jammed into the grooves on the sides in the windows that will allow it. The two large windows on the slide are a little more difficult but I left enough to force it to stay. I was thinking velcro might be a better alternative but I was short on time. Bedroom fire escape window is just cut wider than the window and slid behind the blind when it is down. It was just a trial and error on getting it to stay. As far as the insulating effect, I'm currently in Arkansas at a campground and it is hot. The Reflectix is making a huge difference blocking the heat from the windows. My new AC is having trouble keeping up due to kids and door opening and closing but I believe it would be hotter without any of the reflectix. The package states that it can be used for just about anything in building and boasts up to a R-6 rating.

Here is a link to some of my pics. I'll be adding more of them when I get back from vacation.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...jQ&usp=sharing

I see in your link the nice blue lights in the closet/pantry. How did you hard wire those in? What did you use for a switch?
Witkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications