Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #1

304BH Outdoor Kitchen Gray Water

I went and inspected my new TT that I will take possession of next week. I noticed a 2nd sewer connection (remote from the black/gray near the front) that surely must serve the outdoor kitchen. Does anyone know if this is all that is piped to it? I was wondering if possibly the indoor kitchen sink may have been directed to it also. I will be living in this TT full time for awhile and this may require a lot of additional exterior sewer piping to get to my sewer inlet.
Hank2355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Tough to know without year make and model of tt.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #3

2015 304BH Cherokee Limited
Old 02-18-2015, 06:57 PM   #4

Anybody know or know how I find out?
Old 02-19-2015, 12:01 AM   #5

We are considering this trailer, how did you decide on this one. I'm on the line.
Arkguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #6

Pretty easy for me actually. I am 6'-1" tall and wanted a storage room for my junk. I will be living in this TT full time for a few years. I wanted to be able to stand up in the shower and stretch out in the bed. Therefore, the shower had to have a skylight to give me head room and there had to be room at the foot of the bed to slide the mattress down (with some additional plywood) so I could add a foam rubber block along the top edge under the pillows. I was really surprised to find out that an RV queen bed is not a real queen bed? Why does this industry not make the beds normal size? Not a place to skip on the basics in my opinion. The mattress is shorter than me? The bunk room, with some modifications will become a walk/throw in closet. I don't need the "U" shaped dinette so I will be removing it first thing and replacing it with a recliner. I may remove the love seat too and get a double recliner with console in between. The sink island is plenty big enough to use a couple of stools at for eating. So.....basically I am going to gut the sucker and make it something I can actually live in. Oh yeah and I am going to install a small marine wood stove in front of the TV wall. Hmmmm? Maybe I can take out the cook stove too? lol
Old 02-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #7

Should be really easy to check. Close the main sewer connection, then run some water into the outside kitchen sink. If it comes out the 2nd sewer conection you know its connected, if not check the main sewer connection and it should have water in it.
Then, I would go back to the original settings; closed main connection and open 2nd connection and run water through all of the other water outlets in the trailer one at a time; sinks, showers, tolets, etc. If water comes out from any of these others you know which outlets serve the 2nd connection.
LTImbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #8

Thanks LTImbeau. Since I don't have it in my possession yet, I'll have to wait to experiment. I was hoping to purchase the necessary sewer piping, etc. prior to getting it delivered. Just anxious I guess. lol
Old 02-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
I believe that both the kitchen sink and the outdoor sink go to that back tank. Just check your manual and look at the sizes of the tanks. If the kitchen and outdoor sink tank is the same as the (bathroom/shower) tank then you can expect that the back tank serves both kitchens.
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:46 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
I have the two separate dump outlets (as you do) and bought a hose extension and a manafold (two hoses in and one out to the dump hole). My manafold has a shutoff so that I can block the black water and shower dump from going back up my kitchen drain pipe. So when parked, I leave my blackwater and shower closed and open the valve(on the manafold) and leave the drain for the kitchen open all the time. That way I dont have to worry about my kitchen tank filling up. I also do not have to climb under the slide to open and close the kitchen drain. WShen it is time to dump my black water, I just close the manafold. When done, I open it up again. Works well.
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #11

I have this camper. 2014. The front grey near the black is the bathroom sink and shower. The rear grey is the kitchen skin(s) inside and out. It is a great trailer. We don't full time in it but it gets used pretty good with bunch of kids. Bed not touching the partition and a real shower also sold me. It would be easy to run the two greys together with a wye. You just need an xtra length of hose and the connector. I think it's great because when not on full hook ups. The shower has a little xtra storage room.

2015 Nights Camped 32
2014 Nights Camped 21
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
2014 Cherokee 304 BH
Goose killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #12

Thanks all for the help. Getting mine Wednesday!

Tags
door, water