Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #1

39p Touchscreen Radio

Anyone else get a defective touchscreen radio with their 39p? We are seasonal campers and had the dealer deliver the camper to our site back in April. Everything was so nice we didn't even think to look at the radio until the next day when we noticed the clock still said 12:34am. The screen never changes no matter what button we push so we never know what mode we are in. Been back and forth with the dealer on getting it fixed or replaced ever since. First they had no idea, then they heard another person had a similar issue, then Cherokee said they were defective and working on a solution. This past week he finally asked for my serial number so he could order a new one(new brand too)....3 months later.

I wouldn't be so annoyed with them if would be somewhat proactive, just once, and call me instead of waiting for me to call them.
kermtfrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #2

If it says "Touch Audio" on it, no amount of replacing it will fix it's crappy-ness. Just ask for them to throw a Jensen or Concertone in in it's place. The Jensen AWM965 seems to be the most comon replacement. Good luck!
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #3

Yep, it's the Touch-Audio one. The dealer told me I would be getting a Jensen replacement but at the rate they are going the season will be over before I see it.
kermtfrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #4

It's an unmitigated piece of junk
mrpackerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpackerguy
It's an unmitigated piece of junk
To say the least!!!

Just got my Touch Audio replaced. Dealer replaced with a Jensen AWM965. It's an ok replacement. Not much power but not much needed with the junk speakers it is driving. I recommend paying for an upgrade. The AWM975 is twice the unit with iPod capabilities and plenty of power.

Biggest issue I have is my dealer, (RV America) Sucks!! Their service is bad! 5 weeks to replace a radio??? WTH? They forgot to take the shipping screw out of the DVD player. Had to take it out and re-install. At least all the functions on the Jensen work........ Off to the lake I go.
jbudik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbudik View Post
I recommend paying for an upgrade. The AWM975 is twice the unit with iPod capabilities and plenty of power.
Both have 3 channel audio with a 132W max amp Both have front USB connection, A/V plug, and wireless remotes.

The only REAL difference from the AWM965 and the 975 is the HDMI out, digital audio in (no point since you only have stereo channels), IR extender, NOAA (weather) radio and actual iPod controls. However, if you plug into the USB on the front with an iPod patch, it will read the contents and put a selectable screen menu with them all on the TV, so we found no real need for iPod controls (my music is on my Android anyways, GF uses an old Nano).

Also, just an FYI, DVD resolution is generaly 480i so what would be the need of an HDMI port? (I recently started debating this with myself since I wanted the HDMI as well) If you really want to upgrade the video and already have the 965 (or can get one free for replacement), get a cheap Blu-Ray player from Wal-Mart and toss it in. You will be much better served.
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to KarenKae
Yep. It isn't you.. it really is that Touch Audio. We just picked up a new 2012 FR Grey Wolf 26RL with the same problem. Our PDI guy put it right on the warranty fix list. Don't know what the solution will be, but CampingWorld in Lowell AR has GREAT service. Our guy, John, spotted several minor problems, we probably wouldn't have noticed, already had it on the warranty replace list and 90% done when we got there to do the PDI. Very patient, answered all our questions and suggested several after purchase items we would need and not thought about. The dealer had already put in a $250 Gift Certificate which took care of all those items and we still had $90 left over. Wonderful. So if you are looking for a better FR SERVICE Dealer and you are anywhere near Roger/Fayetteville AR.. I'd highly recommend them.
KarenKae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #8

same problem here, 2012 grey wolf 25rr toyhauler, outdoor control screen went blank after one night in the drive, still works, just don't know what your doing, lol, and the usb port inside wont play my Ipod, have to use the aux jack, so no control outside like it should be. Also, and this one baffles me, some DVD's it won't play, say's something about its not in the region?????? WTH is that, any help with any of the above problems would be great. Speakers suck, but it is what it is!!
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote