Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 38
Adding bunk tv's

Anyone ventured into adding a television or televisions at the rear bunks? We have a new 274dbh and my wife wants to consider adding tv's to the bunks for the kids. Pretty sure mounting wouldn't be the problem it's getting a source to them that would be the challenge.
__________________

__________________
Aaron015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #2
Member
 
driftinby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Beautiful Colorado
Posts: 57
Is the one above the mantel not enough? I hooked up a 37" LED last night in our new 26dbh and my daughter commented that she has a television in her bedroom finally. She doesn't have one in her sticks and bricks bedroom. Seems like a lot of work to add another one just 10 feet away?
__________________

__________________

2014 Ford F150 FX4 EB
2015 Grey Wolf 26DBH
1994 Palomino TXL
driftinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
BiigDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 449
Craigslist Android tablet and a bunch of movies loaded on it. That's what my kids use. Either that or their phones with loaded movies and shows....
__________________

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinby View Post
Is the one above the mantel not enough? I hooked up a 37" LED last night in our new 26dbh and my daughter commented that she has a television in her bedroom finally. She doesn't have one in her sticks and bricks bedroom. Seems like a lot of work to add another one just 10 feet away?
Not a concern if it's enough, yes I have a 32" led in the entertainment center was just curious if anyone has went a step further and installed at the bunks. My parents travel with us too so it seemed like a win win except it would definitely be some work.
__________________
Aaron015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
cdangel0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 148
I find that my kids are perfectly content with the 32" on the mantel (274 dbh). They lay in the bunks and can see it just fine. With the ceiling speakers it doesn't have to be cranked up to be heard, and I don't have to try to run co-ax through the camper
__________________
Craig & Lynn D'Angelo
Delaware

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdangel0 View Post
I find that my kids are perfectly content with the 32" on the mantel (274 dbh). They lay in the bunks and can see it just fine. With the ceiling speakers it doesn't have to be cranked up to be heard, and I don't have to try to run co-ax through the camper
Yeah the idea of running coax is not fun. I have seem some repeaters that would work by wireless. That would probably be the only way I'd go with it
__________________
Aaron015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:33 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
cdangel0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 148
Actually - as I re-read this one option would be to run the co-ax from the post through the rear storage compartment and up the wall behind the bunks. I'd imagine that you could do it with a couple of splitters and a small hole in the corner of the bunks and not even fish the wall. I don't think the coax would be THAT noticeable in a corner and I'm sure the kids wouldn't complain.
__________________
Craig & Lynn D'Angelo
Delaware

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdangel0 View Post
Actually - as I re-read this one option would be to run the co-ax from the post through the rear storage compartment and up the wall behind the bunks. I'd imagine that you could do it with a couple of splitters and a small hole in the corner of the bunks and not even fish the wall. I don't think the coax would be THAT noticeable in a corner and I'm sure the kids wouldn't complain.
Very true that might not be so bad after all. I have a couple extra lcd's laying around so I may plan to go on and do it one of these days. Thanks again for your input.
__________________

__________________
Aaron015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.