Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

Appliance power use in the 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS

Bought a Kill-A-Watt plug in power meter a while back on sale at Harbor Freight.
Decided to check out my various electric appliances in the TT. The Kill-A-Watt was plugged in between my 12AWG 30' cable from the house and my 15-30 amp dogbone.

Drum roll, please......
And the results are in:

Idle, just the 12VDC converter and other parasitic controllers' draw. 14watts .117amps (note: the battery is at full charge).
Water heater on electric 1245watts 10.38amps
Air Conditioning 1446watts. 12.05amps
Microwave 1230watts. 10.25amps
Fridge 328 watts 2.7333amps
And last but not least,
The new bathroom vent fan on high. 40 watts. 0.3333amps

So basically, I could have the fridge on at all times with pick two of the AC, water heater, or micro wave.
I need to check the power draw of our portable heater, toaster, electric frying pan, & coffee maker to see what will play nice with each other.

I just thought inquiring minds would like to know.
My electrical math used 120 volts. Using 115 or 110 for the math would increase the amps, since wattage divided by voltage equals amperage, but not drastically.

I will continue to use both shore power supplies when available, the 30 amp on the TT and the 15/20 amp for exterior electric use. I even have a 50 to 30 dogbone and a 2nd 30 to 15 dogbone for even more POHWAA! When available, your mileage may vary, certain side effects have been noted, etc.
Boomerweps is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, wolf pup