Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #1

Arctic Wolf 265DBH8--- issues we should watch for

Three weeks ago we purchased a 2018 Artic Wolf 265DBH8 and are becoming increasing frustrated with all of the "little things" that we have to have repaired. Our unit is currently at the dealer getting needed repairs. We just want to know if anyone else has had other issues we might want to watch for.

Current items being repaired:
  • Deadbolt on door will not lock.
  • Door does not close unless slammed, and can not be locked at night while sleeping.
  • Oven pilot light won't stay lighted.
  • Fridge lock (silly holder thing) does not work
  • Bunk house light not working
  • Hydrolic system on the bed does not work. It will go up but then slowly goes down even if we don't press the button.
  • Shower door magnetic strips keep coming off.
  • Shower door roller fell off
  • Piece of awning broke off after 1st use
  • Water heater only runs on gas, we were told it was electric and gas.
  • Several trim issues (coming away from wall).
  • Model was listed as "One key for everything" but we need 3 keys
jp4ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:32 AM   #2

Things like the keys should have been taken care of at the PDI as well as other things like the awning or the door, if it broke only first use, or had to be slammed and wouldn't lock why did you take the rig? seem's like your PDI had some shortcomings. Did you turn the switch at the water heater to the on position for electric use?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Things like the keys should have been taken care of at the PDI as well as other things like the awning or the door, if it broke only first use, or had to be slammed and wouldn't lock why did you take the rig? seem's like your PDI had some shortcomings. Did you turn the switch at the water heater to the on position for electric use?
The dealer had called in the key issue to the manufacturer and we had a time set for the key issues to be corrected. The awning and door started having issues during our first outing. Called our dealer he said to take it out a few times and then bring it in with a list, because there is always something that is a bit off or needs attention. I have no doubts everything will be corrected to our expectations its just a bit frustrating for so many little things to be going wrong.

Yes, we found a switch for the water heater but had no results. It was not a big deal for these short trips but for longer trips we want to conserve propane and would prefer to use electric.

I have found 3 others having issues with the bed lift.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:46 AM   #4

we had a few issues similar to those you listed. they are minor and got corrected, but they are aggravating! the interesting one is the one about the keys. do you have that literature that says one key for all? that one might be worth an inquiry to forest river to have them explain why you need 3 keys.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #5

Since my first post seems negative with the list of things wrong with the unit I wanted to mention a few things we love about this unit.

The automatic leveling system is awesome and saves us a lot of time at setup. Especially at campsites that are not level to begin with.

The wider sturdy steps into the trailer are great.

LED lights throughout are great wonderful.

Deep storage cabinets allow for us to bring everything we "think" we will need.

The turning point hitch is great and allows us to maneuver the RV into place in our awkward driveway. We had to pay storage on our last unit because we could not get it to maneuver in the manner we needed it to in order to get it up the drive way.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
we had a few issues similar to those you listed. they are minor and got corrected, but they are aggravating! the interesting one is the one about the keys. do you have that literature that says one key for all? that one might be worth an inquiry to forest river to have them explain why you need 3 keys.
There was a sticker on the side of the trailer that showed one key for all locks. Our dealer is working with FR on this issue.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #7

good there some things that make the experience more enjoyable. the key thing is something new to me, maybe it was a misprint and actually meant 1 key for each lock LOL
Good luck I hope all gets taken care of. Oh Ya I bet someone at the dealership plugged in the unit with the water heater on electric without water in the tank and burned the element.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #8

The water heater and oven pilot are the two biggest problems with your unit and you need to make sure the dealer makes the necessary repairs . The other problems are minor and typical of poor dealer inspection/ repairs of new units.
It's disappointing that dealers care so little about the products they send out of their doors. Having said this, these are still a lot of product for the money.
Artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #9

Thanks for information about Cherokee Articwolf, sounds like more maintenance than fun camping. Have to wonder what's the next situation.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:18 AM   #10

We got our unit back yesterday and all issues except the key issue have been repaired. We are very happy with our dealership working with the company to get everything corrected. The only item not corrected by the manufacturer was the key issue. Even after being shown the sticker on the unit stating that it has one key for all locks they said it was not available on that unit. Its not a big deal, but would have been nice to have.

Paid nothing out of pocket since everything was warranty. Today we leave on a 3 state 9 day trip. This will be our longest trip ever.

We also installed skid wheels because our driveway is steep, with a curve and we had a drag issue and did not want to cause damage. They worked wonderfully.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #11

I recently purchased a 2018 Arctic Wolf 265 DBH; I too had a problem with the Dometic oven, as the pilot light repeatedly went out. I researched and discovered that this seems to be a common problem (should be a recall?). I unfortunately discovered that the dealership (Blue Dog RV Las Vegas) could care less; a reluctant initial service appointment was scheduled for three weeks later. I ended up not using Blue Dog RV, found a local Dometic service provider who ended up being proactive by obtaining permission for warranty work and pre-ordered the repair parts kit without me having to bring in my fifthwheel. Around a week later, took my fifthwheel in and tech installed part in twenty minutes.
leecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote