Old 08-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #1

Arctic Wolf 285

Just purchased an Artic Wolf 285 fiver, won't take delivery for a couple weeks. Moved on from a class C and dinghy towing. In the MH we set up our satellite with 2 receivers as my wife and I have different tastes. I added additional wiring and a splitter off the dish to the MH. I'd like to do the same with the Artic Wolf. I may be able to use the TV coax as the 2nd sat receiver cable. Checking if anybody is familiar with the coax routing?

Also I agree with another poster about the 285 sewer valves being so far under the chassis and liked the idea of converting to electric valves.

jdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:03 AM   #2

I posted the change to the drain valves for the 285. I will try to check the cabling for the sat dish tomorrow for you. I think you can pull the cover on the right side of the unit (behind the sat connection).

I didn't pay much attention when I was in that area for the drain valve mod.

If you are planning on installing the box in the bedroom area it will not have a lot of room below the bracket with the bed extended.

I think that the orange and the black cables coming through the wall on the upper right are from the cable and satellite connections, they are above the water heater and next to the water fill connections.

I think that the bottom picture show the same cables going up into the bedroom / bathroom wall (next to the hot and cold water lines for the bathroom sink).

But I will try to check it tomorrow, if my back is okay (had surgery to remove some skin cancer yesterday).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2549.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	183210   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2557.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	183211  

carbuthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #3

The orange and black coax cable are the cable and satellite feeds.

The satellite looks like it goes up the bedroom wall but does come out the cover plate. I didn't pull the plate to see if the satellite wire was behind it.

Both cables do go to the plate inside the pantry.

Attached 2 more pictures: one is inside the pantry the other on the bedroorm ceiling.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180815_140844.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	183334   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180815_140459.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	183335  
Old 08-16-2018, 08:56 AM   #4

Excellent, thanks for the help. Looks like I can mount the sat splitter in the pantry and use the existing wiring.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #5

I opened everything up to identify the coax wiring and here is what I found. The Cable & Satellite input jacks on the driver side go directly to a Weingard RV-7542 (power supply for antenna)mounted in the pantry. Buried inside the wall behind the radio is a splitter feed from Weingard device with tv/cable coax going to the bedroom, outside tv jack on the passenger side and the radio. The radio has a video out cable going to the other jack on the passenger side for cable, which will carry cable if the red/white/yellow cables are connected to the TV above the radio. The antenna wire and the bedroom tv coax both connect at coax couplers behind the removable panel in the storage compartment.
So to use my satellite setup I'll feed the output from the dish to the Sat. connection on the drivers side, install my sat. splitter/power supply in the pantry connecting the sat. splitter input to the Sat. jack on the wall plate. I'll pull the outside and bedroom TV's coax's off the antenna splitter and connect them to my sat. splitter. I'll run a hdmi cable to the main tv over the fireplace from the primary sat receiver.
By doing it this way I'll loose over-the-air broadcast to the bedroom and outside jack but still retain over-the-air broadcast to the main tv.
To reroute the coax cables I'll install a plumbing style snap-in panel on the pantry wall which will make the splitter easier to access if I ever decide to return to the original configuration.
Also discovered a large area under the lowest pantry shelve I'll use for storage by adding an access door, could easily fit a 20x20 door.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #6

Hi there I have a 2019 Arctic Wolf 305 and I run a cable in to the bathroom under the sink and up in side the wall and put a cable outlets on the wall behind the tv
wwalker2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #7

It looks like the floor plan of the 305 front is the same as the 285.

I would start by removing the screws from the cover of the left side rear wall of the pass through. With a little luck you should be able to find the cables that go to the ceiling mounted tv outlet.

You may also be able to see what is inside the wall from the switch and outlet next to the bathroom sink.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #8

carbuthn I haven't found the passthru can you provide a little more detail?
wwalker2984 did that involve removing the bottom covering on the chassis?
Old 09-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #9

Arctic Wolf 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdieter View Post
carbuthn I haven't found the passthru can you provide a little more detail?
wwalker2984 did that involve removing the bottom covering on the chassis?

I came up through the floor where the water lines are took a hole saw made a hole in the wall under the sink at the floor in the wall. Made a hole where I wanted the cable outlet dropped a pull string down the wall with the weight on it taped the cable to it and pulled it up the wall and I attached my DIRECTV box to the wall with Velcro. Took this cable to the side of the fifth wheel where all the cables are the other wires are a 12 v outlet for sleep apnea machine and 110v for the tv and dIRECTV box from inverter when Iím dry camping

Attachment 1Attachment 1

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	187311Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1706.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	499.6 KB
ID:	187312Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1708.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	187313
wwalker2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #10

The pass-through goes from one side of the trailer to the other.

The area that I was talking about is behind the carpet covered wall and provides access to most of the wiring, converter, water pump and water heater. I was thinking of the wrong hoses (the ones that go to the shower)

The correct ones and the ones that you used are accessed from the front of the trailer behind the fifth wheel hitch (in the center of the trailer). I don't know if you can go directly into the bedroom wall without pulling out the foam to look. If the bottom of the wall is aluminum tubing I would go the route that you did.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-09-23_13-01-11.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	187322   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-23_13-04-50.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	187323