Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 11:04 PM   #1

Arctic Wolf 295QSL8 (only)

I haven't seen many 295qsl8's on here. I thought it be easier for owners of this model to have one thread to reference for mods and questions.

Here is ours.Click image for larger version

Name:	372042232.jpeg
Views:	361
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	195871Click image for larger version

Name:	826468931.jpeg
Views:	614
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	195872
Hwkscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #2

I've looked at this model twice at the dealership. My wife and i love the layout. I would like some input on this model. Can't find a used one for sale anywhere so i guess people are holding onto them. The two i have looked at have some quality issues. I'm unsure about the longevity of the master bed lift.
maximus216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus216 View Post
I've looked at this model twice at the dealership. My wife and i love the layout. I would like some input on this model. Can't find a used one for sale anywhere so i guess people are holding onto them. The two i have looked at have some quality issues. I'm unsure about the longevity of the master bed lift.
Max-we bought this model bc of the layout. Is it going to be our last ever unit? Probably not, but it is a light weight 5er with a light pin weight. All campers are going to have one issue or another. There is a Facebook group for Cherokee Arctic Wolf Owners that would be a good resource for you.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #4

Well her she is...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190308_191111_596.jpeg
Views:	481
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	198335
Old 04-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus216 View Post

There was a nice lady on the fb group that had just lost her husband and was looking to sell hers. I don’t recall what model she had though. She only had it a few months if memory serves.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:39 PM   #6

I brought mine home Friday my wife and I love the layout, there are a few things that I don't care for already, other than the blue LED strip that doesn't throw much light, there are no outside lights. The faucet on the kitchen sink is not of any quality (fixable but annoying) and I don't seem to have much hot water at all (going to check if I can turn the temp up in the morning but a quick look it doesn't seem like it is adjustable) I pulled the screws out of the table to move it out a couple inches because well I have kids and they will spill food in the space between that and the wall, they use some serious long screws for it, I cut them down (probably easier to get shorter ones but I had tools to cut not shorter screws) my old camper slide had screws that gouged the flooring. With the dinette slide in you can't get to anything but the master bedroom and bathroom, not a big deal but I'm good for making lunch at rest stops. There isn't tons of storage but I managed to get everything I had in with room to spare. My fireplace lights up but doesn't heat up, again haven't really looked at it. The auto level is great but I still have a lot of movement probably just going to add two stabilizer Jack's to the rear to put down once level. There are very limited plugs but they make up for it in USB outlets otherwise we are very happy and excited to have it and I will update with more as I haven't had it 48 hours yet! Happy camping folks!
Csweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csweets View Post
I brought mine home Friday my wife and I love the layout, there are a few things that I don't care for already, other than the blue LED strip that doesn't throw much light, there are no outside lights. The faucet on the kitchen sink is not of any quality (fixable but annoying) and I don't seem to have much hot water at all (going to check if I can turn the temp up in the morning but a quick look it doesn't seem like it is adjustable) I pulled the screws out of the table to move it out a couple inches because well I have kids and they will spill food in the space between that and the wall, they use some serious long screws for it, I cut them down (probably easier to get shorter ones but I had tools to cut not shorter screws) my old camper slide had screws that gouged the flooring. With the dinette slide in you can't get to anything but the master bedroom and bathroom, not a big deal but I'm good for making lunch at rest stops. There isn't tons of storage but I managed to get everything I had in with room to spare. My fireplace lights up but doesn't heat up, again haven't really looked at it. The auto level is great but I still have a lot of movement probably just going to add two stabilizer Jack's to the rear to put down once level. There are very limited plugs but they make up for it in USB outlets otherwise we are very happy and excited to have it and I will update with more as I haven't had it 48 hours yet! Happy camping folks!

The slide issue was a bummer I noted as well. You can’t get to the rear of the camper unless you push slide number two out a foot or so. So far it hasn’t been impacted for us but we tend to use it mostly for short weekend trips so far.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #8

Thanks for starting this thread. I am giving my hybrid tt to the kids and have locked on to the 295q. DW said bunk room is mine if it keeps my mess out of the main living area. I build fishing rods. Good luck with new unit! Can't wait to get mine.
ezitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezitin View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I am giving my hybrid tt to the kids and have locked on to the 295q. DW said bunk room is mine if it keeps my mess out of the main living area. I build fishing rods. Good luck with new unit! Can't wait to get mine.
Love our bunk room. We took out the sofa and replaced it with a mattress. While it was out I can see the giant flat area. I could use it for a home office when we are on the road.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_212107_256.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	207957
Old 06-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csweets View Post
Join us on Facebook too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AWRVOwners/
Old 06-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezitin View Post

Have you thought about replacing that sofa with a desk to work at? I can’t sit on that sofa anyway. The bunk above doesn’t go up high enough.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Have you thought about replacing that sofa with a desk to work at? I can’t sit on that sofa anyway. The bunk above doesn’t go up high enough.
I replaced the sofa with a memory foam mattress for a true bunk. You would likely need to remove the lower drawers to get a usable desk in place. Or to a flip up desk on the interior wall.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:43 AM   #13

Sorry in advance if this posts in wrong place. New to this.
I would not recommend this 5th wheel. We love the layout and features but it is poorly made.

We purchased a new 2019 Arctic Wolf in February. Nothing but problems. It's been in the shop 3 times and about to go in the shop AGAIN. This time for cracked gray and black tanks. Last time I paid to repair defective brakes. We were getting ready to leave in 2 days and couldn't wait for warranty approval. Sent photos to Forest River weeks ago and several emails requesting status updates. Glass panels have fallen out of cabinet doors. The list goes on and on. Ridiculous.
Any suggestions. I would like Forest River to replace it or take it back and refund. But I'm afraid I would lose money. We are so frustrated. I know new ones have issues. We are new to rving but I did not expect this bad an experience.
I am still waiting for reimbursement for a repair in May.
Any help or recommendations is appreciated.
kat923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat923 View Post

I would not recommend this 5th wheel. We love the layout and features but it is poorly made.

We purchased a new 2019 Arctic Wolf in February. Nothing but problems. It's been in the shop 3 times and about to go in the shop AGAIN. This time for cracked gray and black tanks. Last time I paid to repair defective brakes. We were getting ready to leave in 2 days and couldn't wait for warranty approval. Sent photos to Forest River weeks ago and several emails requesting status updates. Glass panels have fallen out of cabinet doors. The list goes on and on. Ridiculous.

Any suggestions. I would like Forest River to replace it or take it back and refund. But I'm afraid I would lose money. We are so frustrated. I know new ones have issues. We are new to rving but I did not expect this bad an experience.

Gee that’s too bad. Mines been pretty flawless. I had a few loose glass panels but it’s an easy fix without a second thought. Sounds like your dealer didn’t do a good pdi for you. Remember you picked a light weight fifth wheel trailer. It’s rolling down the road. Things will need repaired or adjusted. Not sure about your tank issue though. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat923 View Post

Stinks to hear you're having a bad experience. We've been very happy with ours. Of course, there are a few trim pieces, etc that have to be adjusted. My tolerance for diy might be higher than some.

The tank issues obviously should not happen, but those parts are supplied by a 3rd party, so who knows. Same goes with the brakes, that is going to be Lippert or BAL.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #16
Rick & Deb

Smile So far, we love it

We purchased our Arctic Wolf back on March 28. So far, it has been just what we asked for. Only a couple of minor problems, one of the glass panels on a cabinet door is loose and a piece of trim up in the loft, but that may have been my Grandson that did that. The biggest complaint I have is the lack of a model specific owner's manual. The 5th wheel manual is very generic. I found out almost by accident that we have 2 gray water tanks and it would be nice to know their capacities. The walk-around we had didn't point that out when we picked it up. The tanks also drain rather slow.

Forest River put a rock in the master bedroom and called it a mattress. We replaced that before our first trip with a memory foam mattress from Sam's Club that is surprisingly comfortable. The LG fridge is great and will last over 2 days without running the battery down. I did test that part. If you are dry camping using lights though, you will probably only get about 1.5 days before the battery is gone.

It tows great behind our GMC 2500HD w/Duramax Diesel. I hardly know it's back there and I get over 12 MPG pulling it at 65 MPH. Can't complain about that.

Overall, we are pleased and have put over 1800 miles on it this year.
rmvoges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #17
Who Dares, Wins

We've had some loose trim above the bed where we needed to shorten it. Have redone the glass panels beciase they just used hot glue to hold them and had to repair a loose front wall in the nose when it separated from the side wall.

All in all it sounds terrible but was realistically what ( or similar) issues we've had from all our fr products. Our worst one was the lot expensive, a Rockwood. Love our wolf. If your on Facebook there is an aw specific group as well with factory folk on it. We have a 2018 315.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #18
Rick & Deb

Blank and Gray Water Tank Levers

Watch the black and front gray water tank dump levers. We lost one over the weekend. At least we got the tanks dumped before it fell off. The dealer told me that it is not uncommon for the levers to work the threads loose and fall out. Of course, they have more of them to sell you as it is not covered by the warranty. He recommended putting them on with loctite. Wonder why the factory doesn't think of these things?
Old 08-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmvoges View Post
Watch the black and front gray water tank dump levers. We lost one over the weekend. At least we got the tanks dumped before it fell off. The dealer told me that it is not uncommon for the levers to work the threads loose and fall out. Of course, they have more of them to sell you as it is not covered by the warranty. He recommended putting them on with loctite. Wonder why the factory doesn't think of these things?

I was following my dad across I90 in South Dakota this spring and one of his handle came skidding at my at 65 mph. I checked mine when we pulled over and they just spin. I can tighten then. Not sure what that’s about.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #20
Rick & Deb

I decided to fix the glass panels in the kitchen as they were falling out every time we opened them. I found a good way to do it using clear RTV and Glaziers Points. I found them at Ace Hardware.

1. Remove the doors to work on a flat surface
2. Cut the hot glue out using a sharp utility knife.
3. Remove the glass and clean the frame.
4. Lay down a 1/4" bead of RTV.
5. Put the glass back in and press it into the RTV.
6. Put Glaziers Points in all 4 sides. I used a T Square to press them in.
7. Wipe any Excess RTV away from all surfaces.
8. Let the doors/windows dry overnight.
9. Put the doors back on.

Now, the only problem will be not breaking the glass on the left hand door when you open it and hit the trip piece on the Kitchen Slide. I'm going to put a pad on that end or maybe even cut it down. Not sure yet.

Pictures are below!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190826_181612.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	213495   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190826_182509.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	213496   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190826_182630.jpg