Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #1

are there any 29Z owners?

Just wondering if there are any other 29Z owners out there.

2010 Wildcat 30LOFT
2011 RAM 3500 CCLB Cummins
HookMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #2

I've got an 05 29z - absolutely love it! Just finished winterizing it this afternoon - where'd the summer go?
Huffy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #3

I don't know where the summer went. Just got done with the winterizing yesterday and need to get it back to the storage lot. Just gotta ask, how does yours tow? I have talked with 2 other 29Z owners and both have said that their's tow crappy, as does mine.

2010 Wildcat 30LOFT
2011 RAM 3500 CCLB Cummins
HookMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #4

Mine will be rarely, if ever, towed as I have it semi-permanently parked at a camp site. I completed a nice deck this spring that makes it even less likely I'll be moving my Cherokee anytime soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CamperDeck 005.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1151  
Huffy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #5

I have a 29Z and it doesn't tow very well either. I've heard people say it's because the underbelly isn't covered and that wwind gets underneath and can't get out basically. I've gone to different sway bars (Equalizer brand hitch) and it's helped some, but it's still nerve racking when you have a side wind.
mmegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #6

I have a 32B. mine tows OK. depending depending on the wind. on really windy days it can be a handfull. on nice calm days even semi`s don`t phase me, even at 67mph. I think the big problem with our Cherokee`s is that they are TALL! my old Cherokee lite 28A was only 10.5 feet tall. the standard Cherokee is 11.5 feet tall. that is a lot of area for the wind to grab. also the taller height increases the center of gravity. I also use a Reese Dual Cam WD hitch. I think the other problem is the crappy tires. mine has "D" rated ST tires on it, they are not name brand. these tires side wall are so soft that you can actually see them flex when the trailer moves side-side. we have a trip planned for Myrtle Beach in Aug. and I will be installing "LT" (light truck) tires in the "D" load rating as well. the LT tires have a much stiffer side wall than a compareable ST tire.

BTW, we love the Cherokee line.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #7

I've got a 2002 29Z

Overall, we love it. Towing is not an issue with our 2003 Dodge Ram with Cummins diesel and an Equalizer hitch.
ezgoinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #8

Hi, just got an '04 29z and have only pulled it a few times. It's the first travel trailer I have pulled. It doesn't seem to be that bad, but with no other experience, it's hard to day. My truck squads about and inch, inch and a half when I hook it up and I have a WDH. My truck is a 2007.5 Chevy 2500HD, with the duramax and six speed Allison. I am planning on putting airbags on her since I can feel the weight coming off the front end slightly. It does feel like it bobs a little but I can accelerate with no problems, I can turn, back up and brake just fine with my stock brake controller.
snwmblefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #9

This is my rig and the new trailer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3450327211.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	9031  
snwmblefreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee