Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #1

Awning care.

So I took my 274dbh to the dealer to do an inspection and reseal my roof and windows and doors if needed. I have a gift card from when I bought the camper with a remaining balance which I'll probably will never use since their stuff is so expensive. So I decided to use it on maintenance instead.
Today they called to let me know they put in a warranty claim for my awning cause they said the seems were starting to tear. Which I'm pretty surprised since we are always afraid to open it when it's windy, and last year we had some windy days. Is there anything I could do to protect it so this doesn't come up next year?? Or could it be faulty from the beginning. Or should I have them hold on to the new item as long as I could before installing it so it lasts longer and wait for the original one to fly away. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!!
Bedlinedf250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlinedf250 View Post
So I took my 274dbh to the dealer to do an inspection and reseal my roof and windows and doors if needed. I have a gift card from when I bought the camper with a remaining balance which I'll probably will never use since their stuff is so expensive. So I decided to use it on maintenance instead.
Today they called to let me know they put in a warranty claim for my awning cause they said the seems were starting to tear. Which I'm pretty surprised since we are always afraid to open it when it's windy, and last year we had some windy days. Is there anything I could do to protect it so this doesn't come up next year?? Or could it be faulty from the beginning. Or should I have them hold on to the new item as long as I could before installing it so it lasts longer and wait for the original one to fly away. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!!
Bought mine trailer used in 2016. I have no reason to believe my awing is not 16 years old. It has stayed open for 4 months for the last two years.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:05 PM   #3

Keeping an awning rolled up does not ensure it will not have seam rot, when its rolled up it can not dry properly. your awning can get damp from condensation. I don't know if this was the problem with yours, but maintenance is to open and ensure it is clean and dry every now and then.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning