Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #1

Awning LED Lights?

Hello - After taking the new rig out for its first weekend camping trip. A few random lights have quit working on our led strip. This is a brand new unit with only blue colored lights. The strip seems to bee sewn right onto the actual fabric of the awning. Am I seeing it correctly? is there no way for me to replace the lights without pulling the stitches that are holding the strip onto the awning? Does anybody out there have led light strip that is sewn to the fabric? Has anybody changed out or replaced an led strip like this?
Eric 2019Greywolf27DBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #2

I can't believe anyone has answered you on this.
I don't have an answer about whether or not they are sewn in.
I am looking for a new power box for the lights. I am told I just have to replace it (box is in bedroom on outside wall), and the lights will come on.
Others have bought a separate led strip and attached it to the end of the awning bar.
minteeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Not sure, but I think most of the LED lights that are along the wall at the top of the awning are stick-on strips!

These are notoriously cheap lights and many have had the same issue as you.

I've been lucky so far...three years old and mine still function perfectly!

My biggest problem is that the awning itself keeps pulling out of the wall at the front end of my 5'ver!

Just had to fix it again (larger self-tapping screws + added two more) near Winslow, AZ.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #4

Awning LED Lights?

On my 2018 Grey Wolf 29TE it looks like it is sewn in but it also looks like it’s just the “C” channel sewn in and the actual leds are pushed or snapped into that
mz_cummins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light