Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #1

Back To Factory

We camped this past weekend, and ended up cleaning out the whole camper, winterized, and finished list of stuff to do while at the Factory. I dropped it off at the dealer today, and its going back to Indiana next week. I hope they fix everything and go over the whole unit. We are going to the factory when they are done and inspect the TT. We are also going to take a tour while we are there. We will see how things go when we pick it up.

Note: My wife was able to talk them into a extra six month warranty that will last us until July of next year.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #2

Good Luck with the factory, we also had ours taken back to the factory and they had it for a couple of months and we got it back and to our suprise it's still doing the same thing it went back to the factory for..The poor thing has electrical issues, and framing issues. But we will just keep after them to get it right. At this point we are almost afraid to use it or sleep in it..we are afraid of a fire..

Those little gremblins just seem to get into everything.
amdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #3

Picked it up from the factory today, I was very impressed with the service we got. The took care of the following:
1. Skylight replaced
2. Table Replaced
3. Cabinet faces/molding replaced
4. table molding replaced
5. front jack replaced
6. Wheel wheels painted (From axle problem)
7. New stairs (Added a 3 step)
8. New slide out awning added
9. Pressure tested the unit for any leaks

The person who took us through the unit also gave us tubes of caulking for the roof and sides, and a new tire cover.

We took a walk through the factory, the new units are in production, they look really sweet!
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
WOW I am amazed on all the problems people are having... our little camper, for the most part has been just fine...knock on wood.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
MI Camperz

I'm with you campqueen....but we bought ours used. Thinking that's the way to go....factory defects already worked out, plus not such a big hit on depreciation.
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
Wanna Be Camper

I think for the most part most units are very good. Maybe the build quality is not the same as a lexus or the like but most people have very good luck with them.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #7

We started with a 12 year old Class C a few years back. Major issue was the roof. Being my first RV, the roof had evidently leaked with the previous owner. A lot of cosmetic issues, but for the price, I didn't expect a new looking unit. Unfortunately, the leaking roof got to me, I did spend a week repairing it, then sold it.

My second unit was a Sunseeker 2300. I think all new units have issues to straighten out. The bathroom door in that one didn't fit correctly, a few cosmetic dings here and there that the dealer fixed easily. On the first camping trip (close to home as I knew there might be other issues cropping up) there's a check valve I believe on the propane line at the tank that stuck closed. After that, no problems, of course, no heat, stove or hot water on that trip since it was at an amenity free NY State Park.

Traded the 2300 in on the 2860 at Hershey last fall, took delivery in November. Since the unit sat alongside my garage all winter, I had time to check it out. Besides some dings and scratches, which FR did take care of through the dealer (new cabinet door), my fuel pump to the generator went defective. I had a Florida trip, the first one for the RV scheduled for mid March and wanted to make sure everything was working before embarking out on the trip. I'm happy to have found the fuel pump bad at home, and not on the road. A trip out to the dealer had it replaced under warranty.

We left this past Sunday to come down to Florida. The trip was uneventful for the most part, until I parked the rv in it's site here near Daytona. It was then I discovered the propane regulator had cracked along the outer seam and was leaking profusely. I know we hit some pretty big bumps along the way that may have caused the crack. Luckily, I have an electric site and everything except the stove is working. I did have some epoxy with me, I applied 2 layers of it and will try this moring to see if it held. Other than that, we do move to another campground on
Sunday across the state in Tampa, so I'll stop along the way and get another regulator. The fuel pump and regulator not the fault of FR, but I believe just the part of a new unit, bugs need to be worked out as on a new car or new house.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ2N View Post
Sunday across the state in Tampa, so I'll stop along the way and get another regulator. The fuel pump and regulator not the fault of FR, but I believe just the part of a new unit, bugs need to be worked out as on a new car or new house.
Where in Tampa?

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #9

We'll be going to Bay Bayou, it's a RV park in the northwest of Tampa, on Hillsborough Avenue, near Oldsmar, FL. I read another posting of yours somewhere where you like to go just north of Tampa for kayaking etc... My significant other's 3 kids are real close by to Bay Bayou, and it's a nice park, so hence my choice. But, I do know there are some nice parks up Route 19 from Tampa, Homosassa etc...

have fun!

Gary
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote