Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Thank you everyone! I will go out there tomorrow and look for a switch under my propane tanks. In the mean time, how do I get this battery back up to charge? Do I need a battery charger? I know they are deep cycle batteries but I am new to this. Is there possibly a power inverter on it? If I hook it up to a 30 amp circuit will that charge the battery in any way? Thanks so much for yalls help. If there is no battery disconnect switch, I will order one and install it. In the mean time, I will disconnect the battery.
__________________

__________________
Brandon_rss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:46 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_rss18 View Post
Thank you everyone! I will go out there tomorrow and look for a switch under my propane tanks. In the mean time, how do I get this battery back up to charge? Do I need a battery charger? I know they are deep cycle batteries but I am new to this. Is there possibly a power inverter on it? If I hook it up to a 30 amp circuit will that charge the battery in any way? Thanks so much for yalls help. If there is no battery disconnect switch, I will order one and install it. In the mean time, I will disconnect the battery.


Can you plug it in now ?
If yes plugging it in will charge battery via the converter
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Thanks Turbs. So the TT should charge while its hooked up to main power? I am actually going to install a 30 amp breaker and recepticle tomorrow here at home. Our first trip is in 2 weeks and i will bring it home next weekend and have it hooked up for an entire week before leaving.
__________________
Brandon_rss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:09 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Blackhat6mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_rss18 View Post
Thanks Turbs. So the TT should charge while its hooked up to main power? I am actually going to install a 30 amp breaker and recepticle tomorrow here at home. Our first trip is in 2 weeks and i will bring it home next weekend and have it hooked up for an entire week before leaving.
Yes, it will charge anytime it is connected to shore power.
__________________
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:20 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 594
Unhook the battery
__________________
2016 Flagstaff 23lb
Toddupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_rss18 View Post
Thanks Turbs. So the TT should charge while its hooked up to main power? I am actually going to install a 30 amp breaker and recepticle tomorrow here at home. Our first trip is in 2 weeks and i will bring it home next weekend and have it hooked up for an entire week before leaving.


Now you know the proper way to wire a 30 amp outlet for a camper right?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #17
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_rss18 View Post
Thank you everyone! I will go out there tomorrow and look for a switch under my propane tanks. In the mean time, how do I get this battery back up to charge? Do I need a battery charger? I know they are deep cycle batteries but I am new to this. Is there possibly a power inverter on it? If I hook it up to a 30 amp circuit will that charge the battery in any way? Thanks so much for yalls help. If there is no battery disconnect switch, I will order one and install it. In the mean time, I will disconnect the battery.
Pretty sure that yours doesn't come with one from factory.

All RVs come with power CONverters, not INverters.

Only some Motorhomes and a few 5th wheels come with factory installed INverter.

Yes, unless you drained the battery past its recovery point, plugging into shore power will allow the CONverter to recharge it.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:34 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Now you know the proper way to wire a 30 amp outlet for a camper right?


30 amp 120 BUS correct? My brother in law is an electrician and he is going to come help me with it. I am a Process Operator. Give me chemicals and I can do something with them. Give me electricity, and I can set a house on fire. Lol
__________________
Brandon_rss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Found this

http://www.myrv.us/Imgs/PDF/30-amp%20Service.pdf
__________________
Brandon_rss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:44 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_rss18 View Post


Good yes!
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.