Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #1

Talking Brought our cherokee home

here is sumpin odd, our cherokee 19rr showed up at the dealership with a different couch than what was in the floor room model and the picture on the forest river websites picture Cherokee Grey Wolf Lite Weight Travel Trailers by Forest River the couch in the 19rr floor model the back folded down to make a queen bed. and notice here no armrests. well the couch we got in our trailer had armrests and you lifted the cusions off to fold the armrests in to flatten the couch on the wall, but it nolonger turns into a queen bed because when the seat is down off the wall the armrests are back up forcing it into a couch.
our dealer thought it was weired and looked at all the other 19rr's on his lot all with my new couch instead of the one in his showroom.

Now we dont need the bed and only noticed because when we were doing the run through to make everything work the couch worked alot different than before. we didnt need the bed (no kids) but what was with the switcheroo?

other than the couch fiasco, everything else was good except the decal was peeling off our unit and other units on the lot and he is ordering a new one and will install the new one when it gets in.

on a funny note after hooking up the WDH & sway control and making sure everything was done right and went home.. and immediatly realised that i left the lift bar for the hook up brackets back at the dealer. well its taken care of now. but i tell you i ordered a spare one from amazon.com that will be here monday so i can have one as a spare in the trailer and one in my truck tool box :P

in a few days i shall get some pics of my trailer (no name yet) and our tow beast my wife wanted a name for it so i named the truck USS Constitution because its an armada leave it to my wife to sissyfy the name of a legendary warship by calling it connie
Covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Receiving something different than ordered can happen. It's up to you to decide if you alright with it as is or not. This happened to my brother's 5er (different company) but not having the booth was a deal breaker. Long story short the dealership took care of the problem. Funny part is that my brother was talking to someone at the cg that had a new 5er just like his but that couple commented that they got the booth when they ordered the table and chairs. Turns out that they placed their order around the same time.

As for that lift bar - I lost mine after someone helped me. I brought a new one for about $10 and then I painted bright pink strips all over it. It's a lot easier to see when I left it on the Yukon bumper as I disconnecting.

I flip-flopped a while about whether or not to name my trailer. Finally I opted for personalized plate instead.

Let us know what your wife decides upon for the name

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #3

well after much looking it looks like our couch is the couch in the wolfpack 19wp. like i said we didnt need the extra bed so we didnt fight for it but im a bit shocked that we got a couch from a different trailer line. and not the one we ordered and is shown on the website or on the dealer floor model. and no option listed for our different couch <shrugs> just odd, its a good thing we didnt need the bed for other people!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfam View Post
well after much looking it looks like our couch is the couch in the wolfpack 19wp. like i said we didnt need the extra bed so we didnt fight for it but im a bit shocked that we got a couch from a different trailer line. and not the one we ordered and is shown on the website or on the dealer floor model. and no option listed for our different couch <shrugs> just odd, its a good thing we didnt need the bed for other people!
I was going to say that, but you beat me to it.

In the 19WP there is one on each side and the table fits in between them to make a large bed all the way across.

I didn't take a picture of it as a bed but here is a dealer photo...

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #5

yes its that bed but they only have one on the wall where the other bed is at! like i said we didnt need it for anything and just wanted it to fold up... but it definatly was not the bed/couch we ordered