Old 05-09-2015, 07:17 AM   #11

This an interesting post and brings up another question. Many dealers will tell you that "they " (the dealer) include a spare tire as a perk for buying from them. It leaves me to believe it was added by the dealer. So, is the spare tire on many of these trailers a violation of the warranty? Kind of interesting.

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider151 View Post
This an interesting post and brings up another question. Many dealers will tell you that "they " (the dealer) include a spare tire as a perk for buying from them. It leaves me to believe it was added by the dealer. So, is the spare tire on many of these trailers a violation of the warranty? Kind of interesting.
"Spare tire carrier & cover" are listed as a "Standard/Option" here ......just don't carry a tire & wheel on it.....

Old 05-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #13

I sent an email to FR through their website about a question on my water heater and got a reply within 48 hours. You may wanna try there. As for the rack. I plan to remove my spare and either store it under my bed in the TT or just throw it in the bed of mytruck when we travel. Another option i am looking at is mounting it on the tounge of the TT as i do not have propane tanks there.Weight wise I feel it will hold the #200, I just don't like how the spare hangs so low when the rack is in use.

Tags
forest river