Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #1

Can I get a Forest River Rep to answer questions.

I have read too many warnings and I have seen pictures of bad results of using the rear bumper for support. If this addition is factory then never mind this post, all labels are correct and I am just a chicken.

Here we go,
My model: 2015 Grey Wolf 26BH. This is on my rear bumper. I am referring to Forest River, the manufacturer of my model as FR.

Pic #1.
question: Does FR add anything to rear bumpers from the factory on this model?
Pic #2.
Does FR warranty or approve any addition to the rear bumper on this model? If so, what manufacturer(s) is/are approved and what specifications are required from them? If not approved, what will FR do to either help me satisfy a safe resolution to this condition or seek remedy with the party that made the addition. "Thinking I may have to carry the spare in the truck and use the thing as my next super size bbq grill deck."

Pic #3
After pic #2, some sense on of how heavy the addition is should be clear with this pic.
Attached Images

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:55 PM   #2

I'm not a FR rep, but it's factory... you're good to go.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #3

Been worried about it. I have seen posts where members recommended against putting bike racks on the bumpers. They may have been speaking to specific models, so that is why I went looking for clarification.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
Always Learning

I don't believe that Grey Wolf has a factory rep on here. We have precious few. Be aware that this forum isn't affiliated with Forest River in any way.

Pic #1- typically those racks aren't attached to the bumper; it is connected to the frame and rides above/below the bumper.

Pic #2 - "Does FR warranty or approve of any addition to the rear bumper on this model?" - IMO, see picture 1.

"If not approved, what will FR do to either help me satisfy a safe resolution to this condition or seek remember with the part that made the addition." I don't have any idea what you're saying here. If the rack came from the factory, it is approved and your warranty is in effect. If it didn't, FR can deny warranty claims that they feel are attributable to this.

I'm unclear from your post what you're actually attempting to accomplish?
Old 05-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #5

I own tools, I can lose it. Just being a smarty pants, Should I lose the thing? It does not make me feel that that it is worth the weight or functionality with those labels. I guess I am looking to hear what I want to hear. Just figured this was a good place to float my questions.
Reality is that I have tons of room and options to place what I want where I want. My knee jerk is that when putting something back there, I may be just asking for it. I have seen pics and stories on the forums here of bumper failures.

However the question still stands, Is it factory? Yarome posted that it is. What do you suggest I do to find out?
Old 05-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I own tools, I can lose it. Just being a smarty pants, Should I lose the thing? It does not make me feel that that it is worth the weight or functionality with those labels. I guess I am looking to hear what I want to hear. Just figured this was a good place to float my questions.

(Sigh, this reads so snotty- it's really not meant that way.)

I'm really not meaning to be difficult- so are you upset that it has such a crappily low carrying capacity? Are you expecting FR to do something to accommodate your desires?

Quote:
However the question still stands, Is it factory? Yarome posted that it is. What do you suggest I do to find out?
There is a dealer's warranty contact sheet floating around the forum. It'll give you the Warranty Manager for Grey Wolf. In that email/phone call, I'd simply ask if it came from the factory (but leave off any disdain that you have for its limited weight carrying capacity initially). Then, when you get an answer there- continue and ask about increasing it (if that's what you desire). I think it makes the email less "challenging"/"argumentative" (these aren't the word that I'm looking for but I'm tongue tied at the moment).
Old 05-08-2015, 11:38 PM   #7
Always Learning

Here it is:

https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/D...nformation.pdf
Old 05-08-2015, 11:43 PM   #8

Sweet reply. I get what you are saying. I really did not mean to come off that way. I am actually not upset, just need work on my communication skills. Thank you for being cool with me, I will improve.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:50 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Sweet reply. I get what you are saying. I really did not mean to come off that way. I am actually not upset, just need work on my communication skills. Thank you for being cool with me, I will improve.

Same here, man. Text-based forums are so heard to convey body language. We're all good.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:28 AM   #10

Or.. just go here. Scroll to the bottom right of the page to the section labeled "Optional Cherokee Limited Package". You'll notice "Rear flip down travel rack" as a factory option.

If you go to the "gallery" link on the same page you can see the exact travel rack you have mounted on your rig.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:17 AM   #11

This an interesting post and brings up another question. Many dealers will tell you that "they " (the dealer) include a spare tire as a perk for buying from them. It leaves me to believe it was added by the dealer. So, is the spare tire on many of these trailers a violation of the warranty? Kind of interesting.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider151 View Post
This an interesting post and brings up another question. Many dealers will tell you that "they " (the dealer) include a spare tire as a perk for buying from them. It leaves me to believe it was added by the dealer. So, is the spare tire on many of these trailers a violation of the warranty? Kind of interesting.
"Spare tire carrier & cover" are listed as a "Standard/Option" here ......just don't carry a tire & wheel on it.....
Old 05-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #13

I sent an email to FR through their website about a question on my water heater and got a reply within 48 hours. You may wanna try there. As for the rack. I plan to remove my spare and either store it under my bed in the TT or just throw it in the bed of mytruck when we travel. Another option i am looking at is mounting it on the tounge of the TT as i do not have propane tanks there.Weight wise I feel it will hold the #200, I just don't like how the spare hangs so low when the rack is in use.
eortiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river