Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #41

We just bought our Grey Wolf 26DBH
Labor day weekend and took it straight from the dealer lot and on our first 3 day trip. All was great! There are some little things such as saw dust and a spot here and spot there, but nothing a hand held vac and damp sponge didn't take care of. My girls 10 and 5 loved every minute of it as well as DW. We have two trips planned this month and will let you know. But I did speak to several friends and read more than enough blogs about TT and it really all come down to the service of your dealership. As some of the post prior, take it or leave it, hopefully yours will be great, if not as long as your dealer stands behind you, you should have nothing to worry about. We looked at TT for 8 months, brand after brand, floor plan after floor plan, dealer after dealer...... And in the end it came down to a bullet 27BHS and the grey wolf 26DBH and with practically identical floor plans we bought the grey wolf as it had everything we wanted and we stayed local and bought it from our local camping world. Hope my future post are as positive, but so far so good and nothing good things to say and good times ahead.
fltundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #42

We too were very nervous after reading so many horror stories of the trials and tribulations of owning a brand new trailer!
I guess all those years we have owned other RV's, in the days long before the availability of group "Forums", ignorance was bliss!

So yes, we were really concerned the tires would blow up, the slides would get stuck out, the power stabilizers would break, the kitchen, bathroom and shower would all flood and the first time I plugged it in at a campground I would fry all the electronics!
So far, none of it.
Knock wood, the worst thing so far was a leak that developed on a trip that was from the water inlet to the toilet. Turned out it had been installed a little cross threaded. Took it off and very lucky the threads were not too damaged so put it back on and no more leaks.
Of course, I did take some precautions after reading the forums!, these RVs aren't getting any cheaper after all!

But luckily our 2015 Wildcat Maxx bought new in October 2014 seems to have been built during the week and not on a Monday, a Friday, or right before or after a major holiday!

I enjoy reading about all the things that CAN go wrong and like to read how they can be fixed, just in case!
Sometimes I can even give advice with a similar issue I've had experience with over the years.
I'll keep reading, feeling sorry for real horror stories and be glad I'm not having to deal with them myself!
Tdbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #43

Talking love our tt

My sister and I bought our first tt this summer (after having a pup for 2 years). There have been some minor issues with it but most things I can fix with help from the forum. (plus the sense of accomplishment and learning after I've fixed something) You've taken a wise step in reading these forums, I've learned so much from them. Its helped me to be a better consumer when we picked out our tt and alerted me to many things that I would have been clueless about. All things considered we LOVE our tt. We use it to go to dog shows (with camping days on either side) and can't imagine staying in a motel anymore. Its so much nicer being in our own place with our own stuff (the dogs love it too and get very excited when we start packing up). The only real downside right now is not enough time to spend camping in it. Like others mentioned, I sometimes just go out and spend time in it in the driveway. Can't wait until next spring for more camping! Cincia
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #44

People get on these sites to deal with issues, so you will get more negative than positive. I have a 23 DBH and have had very minor small repairs or upgrades.
depo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #45

Take a forum for ANY product offered with a grain of salt. They're a great place to find help to repair something yourself, so that's what the majority joined for. Keep in mind though, the majority never join a forum. So true, you see everyone having some issue or another in a forum... but you don't see everyone that owns the product having any issue at all.

That said, I have a 2013 Grey Wolf 26DBH. Purchased new in the very early spring of 2013 and have used it quite allot since. Probably has to be around 200 nights in it by now. I don't regret my purchase a bit. Sure, I've fixed some minor things. probably would have been free had I gone back to my dealer, but they were so minor it wasn't worth my time, wear & tear, or gas... just fixed the little things myself.

You'll enjoy... just relax, don't get tense from all the negativity. The majority of owners probably aren't even aware of places like here.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #46

So true.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #47

We picked up 2015 Cherokee 274DBH at last years show and we love it. Yes there had been some quality issues but nothing that's not expected. It's like a mini condo on wheels and there's always items to be fixed even on brand new stuff. Our family loves it so far!
Astpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #48

Bought mine 1/31 last year. Everything is still working with no problems. Do your maintenance...

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #49

My family and I absolutely love ours.... Yes there are small issues to deal with but the time spent camping is priceless.

TT-2015 Cherokee 274dbh TV-2011 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote