Old 10-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
Can I get some positive stories?

I just purchased my very first RV, it's a 2016 grey wolf 26DBH and I should take delivery of it next week. As I read though some of these posts I feel like I just purchased a piece of junk. I understand that people are more likely to post out of frustration and anger when experiencing problems than they are when they are out camping having a great time and loving their trailer. Please put my mind at ease. It was a big purchase for me and I want to feel good about it.

I would love to hear some stories about how much you love your trailer and some of the amazing memories you created in them. Please feel free to share what you love about your trailer/rv and some of the places you have visited.

Jay68442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
Not enough room here but we have never had any serious issues in any of our trailers in 30 years of camping. The last two Pumas were / are relatively trouble free............

Our bed not a nasty motel room, less noise than a motel, our food or not, our choise

We have been places and met so many nice people that we would not have otherwise. Our boys started camping with us before they started school & still do 25 years later. Nice to have quality time with them priceless........ Have seen much of the countryside that we would not have / back roads etc.,

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #3
I'm in the same boat, just bought a 2016 23dbh. Went camping once so far and loved it. Trailer seems well built to me and was easy to tow with my F150. I looked at a few different brands...jayco, apex, KZ sportsman and i came back to this one to buy. Dont worry so much, just enjoy your purchase....if something goes wrong then you have a warranty. Ive been told by many of my friends that have owned trailers that forrest river is one of the better manufacturers out there. I believe you are in good hands.
Campingfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
take the good with the bad. You will experience quality issues for sure, but you will make some wonderful memories also.
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
Nah. Heard same things about wildwoods. LOVE mine, a few issues but it's been a real memory maker!
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #6
We love ours, had a few issues but you can about expect that with anything anymore. Also with the WWW you will hear more complaining than complementing.....
2015 Shamrock 21DK
2005 Silverado Ext cab

Nights camped 2016..... not enough
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #7
We have a MH not a trailer but we would not trade the memories for anything. We just got back from +2 weeks on a Yellowstone trip via badlands, Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, Little Bighorn Battlefield and Grand Tetons, Fantastic! Also our grandkids love going and the memories are priceless. When I first got my MH I was complaining about the issues I had with it to a builder friend of mine who just finished building a million dollar home for someone. He said you have got a house on wheels if those are the only problems you have I think you are dang fortunate. After that I quit complaining and just try to enjoy our MH. I hope you do the same! Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #8
My wife and I love our 5th wheel which we have had for four years now. When we bought the trailer we were disappointed with the quality but everything was fixable without too much hassle. We do a lot of boondocking and use rv park reviews when we go to paid sites. A camper is so much nicer as at the end of the day you can come back to your "house" instead of a motel.
fander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #9
Best trailers -2010 829FKSS Flagstaff, 2000 Sunline
Worst trailers - Holiday Rambler, 1989 Mallard Sprinter

We have had very good luck with most of our units.

You will have to be somewhat of a handyman on occasion. When you are towing your temporary home, things will break.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #10
You will have some issues but if you bought from a good dealer they will help a lot and they will deal with Forest River for you. The smart dealers know most people buy more than 1 RV (truck camper, popup, small tt, class c, class A, 5th wheel, 5th wheel #2). My dealer (Johnson RV in Palmyra) has been great. The service manager told me it was nice to have a customer that didn't come in yelling and demanding things but was pleasant about it. Honey is better than vinegar. (took me a while to learn that, I was/am a hot head). My family has RVed since the mid 1960s and wouldn't do it any other way. You can learn to do a lot of minor repairs yourself (your warranty doesn't last forever)and really learn your RV. Have fun.

bplantcjf is offline   Reply With Quote