Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #1

Can I get some positive stories?

I just purchased my very first RV, it's a 2016 grey wolf 26DBH and I should take delivery of it next week. As I read though some of these posts I feel like I just purchased a piece of junk. I understand that people are more likely to post out of frustration and anger when experiencing problems than they are when they are out camping having a great time and loving their trailer. Please put my mind at ease. It was a big purchase for me and I want to feel good about it.

I would love to hear some stories about how much you love your trailer and some of the amazing memories you created in them. Please feel free to share what you love about your trailer/rv and some of the places you have visited.
Thanks
Jason
Jay68442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #2

Not enough room here but we have never had any serious issues in any of our trailers in 30 years of camping. The last two Pumas were / are relatively trouble free............

Our bed not a nasty motel room, less noise than a motel, our food or not, our choise

We have been places and met so many nice people that we would not have otherwise. Our boys started camping with us before they started school & still do 25 years later. Nice to have quality time with them priceless........ Have seen much of the countryside that we would not have / back roads etc.,

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #3

I'm in the same boat, just bought a 2016 23dbh. Went camping once so far and loved it. Trailer seems well built to me and was easy to tow with my F150. I looked at a few different brands...jayco, apex, KZ sportsman and i came back to this one to buy. Dont worry so much, just enjoy your purchase....if something goes wrong then you have a warranty. Ive been told by many of my friends that have owned trailers that forrest river is one of the better manufacturers out there. I believe you are in good hands.
Campingfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #4

take the good with the bad. You will experience quality issues for sure, but you will make some wonderful memories also.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #5

Nah. Heard same things about wildwoods. LOVE mine, a few issues but it's been a real memory maker!
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #6

We love ours, had a few issues but you can about expect that with anything anymore. Also with the WWW you will hear more complaining than complementing.....
Enjoy
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #7

We have a MH not a trailer but we would not trade the memories for anything. We just got back from +2 weeks on a Yellowstone trip via badlands, Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, Little Bighorn Battlefield and Grand Tetons, Fantastic! Also our grandkids love going and the memories are priceless. When I first got my MH I was complaining about the issues I had with it to a builder friend of mine who just finished building a million dollar home for someone. He said you have got a house on wheels if those are the only problems you have I think you are dang fortunate. After that I quit complaining and just try to enjoy our MH. I hope you do the same! Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #8

My wife and I love our 5th wheel which we have had for four years now. When we bought the trailer we were disappointed with the quality but everything was fixable without too much hassle. We do a lot of boondocking and use rv park reviews when we go to paid sites. A camper is so much nicer as at the end of the day you can come back to your "house" instead of a motel.
fander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #9
ARLO

Best trailers -2010 829FKSS Flagstaff, 2000 Sunline
Worst trailers - Holiday Rambler, 1989 Mallard Sprinter

We have had very good luck with most of our units.

You will have to be somewhat of a handyman on occasion. When you are towing your temporary home, things will break.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #10

You will have some issues but if you bought from a good dealer they will help a lot and they will deal with Forest River for you. The smart dealers know most people buy more than 1 RV (truck camper, popup, small tt, class c, class A, 5th wheel, 5th wheel #2). My dealer (Johnson RV in Palmyra) has been great. The service manager told me it was nice to have a customer that didn't come in yelling and demanding things but was pleasant about it. Honey is better than vinegar. (took me a while to learn that, I was/am a hot head). My family has RVed since the mid 1960s and wouldn't do it any other way. You can learn to do a lot of minor repairs yourself (your warranty doesn't last forever)and really learn your RV. Have fun.
bplantcjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:44 AM   #11

Over 20 years of fulltiming in three rv's. A few problems but wouldn't trade the past 20 years for anything.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #12

The lite has been a good little unit with only minor issues.
Swapped the swivel rockers for recliners, mattress pad added for comfort, minor issue with the water pump which the dealer fixed while we waited.

Kitchen faucet came loose so I fixed it.

No tire issues, power has worked great unless we overload it.

One of the views we were able to see while using it.

Easy setup.

Please do use your unit and take the issues in stride, the good times will make it worth it.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #13

We've only had our 26dbh for a week, camped 5 nights and so far so good! We're total newbies and still learning how everything works. A little frustrated with generic manuals that don't really give you exact instructions, and NO manual for the trailer itself, but it feels like we're getting the hang of it. Have fun with yours!
Amperezrosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #14

Thank you for the replies, keep them coming. We're total noobs as well but I'm looking forward to learning the in and ours of our trailer and camping. I just booked two trips for 2016. One trip to Otter lake PA in May and 1000 islands association KOA in June. Looking to plan a few more.
Jay68442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #15

We just got back from a two week trip to Glacier park and other stops on Montana. Spent time at Court d' Alene and Wenatcee. We had no problems in our Sabre select 292rlds. Love the layout and being a fifth wheel, very easy to pull. Some minor problems when we first got it a year ago, but all fixed. We are headed to the beach in a couple of weeks, then to Rushmore, devils tower and Yellowstone in May. Enjoy and happy camping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PANO_20150928_151008.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	90624   Click image for larger version

Name:	PANO_20150928_150959.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	90625  
Dsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #16

We have a trailer, but don't get to use it...still worth the money. Kinda like owning a lot of things...guns, vacation property, hot rod, land or even a savings account...it is there when you want it. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #17

In the past 3 years my son has owned 2 new Rockwood mini lites and we've owned 2 Wildcat MAXX travel trailers. In both cases, we've towed all these unit out of the dealerships where we bought them and only returned to have them winterized. The only reason we've owned 2 wildcat's and our son has owned 2 Lites is we both opted to trade the original trailers in for longer ones. Understand the culture of "forums" and don't be discouraged or swayed. Take them for what they are, with lots of knowledgeable people ready to help coupled with a few very unhappy campers. Satisfied customers very seldom take the time to praise their RV's, it's just human nature!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:43 PM   #18

Love my Sandpiper

Picked up my 355RE. Picked it up in Ohio pulled it to TX. Several trips since. No problems.
rainsmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #19

Tent camped 20 years ago. Jan. 2012 bought a used MH with 14000 miles on it. So far we put 50000 miles on it and no major problems. Little things here and there. A lot of up grades. Been to Goshen twice, they fixed some minor problems. Over all we love our SunSeeker. I look at it this way, its a house on wheels. Stuff happens. Enjoy. Good times and good people to meet!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #20
Site Team

There are lots of happy FR owner stories here on the forums. Below is just one link that you can start reading the good about FR.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-my-90826.html

Here's my story:

I brought an 2011 Salem Cruise Lite which I understand is an entry-level travel trailer. It has been holding up pretty nicely but I camp solo so it hasn't been subject to the same usage as it would with a family.

It might be on the small side, has no slide outs & storage is limited but I love this trailer! Visitors always comment upon the space of the bathroom. As someone on a modest income the sale price special was too good to pass up.

I haven't wander far from home so I either visit local campgrounds or head to various beach campgrounds in Southern California.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote