Old 03-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake4124 View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but... Question about the Furrion DVD compatibility: is the player supposed to push the video signal through the coax outlets in the RV or do you have to use a USB cord? If it is sent through the coax, how do you get the tv to recognize it? Is it like an old VCR where you need to have the tv on a certain channel? I consider myself tech savvy, and the user's manual is absolutely no help on this...

Really don't understand this either. Mine has a yellow video out going to adapter that plugs into a coaxial cable. Figuring out the wall plate and DVD sound issue was easy but why this adapter and where does this coaxial cable go to?

Old 04-11-2016, 07:49 PM   #22

Brought home my new 26dbh this past weekend. Found this same issue with no sound or picture coming to the tv, but it had sound in the overhead speakers. I took the dvd/radio assembly out and found the rca cables were hooked up in the wrong spot on back of the dvd player. Switched them to the right ports and all is working good now! Might be worth a look!

Old 04-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #23

On the 3100 i have to have the red,white,yellow wires hooked to the tv. Do you have separate Jacks outside of the stereo? I recently had to replace my 3100 because it wouldn't load cd/dvd. In order to program my TV with channels,I have to switch the 3100 to auxiliary then all the channels load. These units are not fun to figure out
Old 05-13-2016, 12:36 AM   #24

I have same 2016 16BHS
I emailed FR and they confirmed
That Furrion is not wired for dvd
Easy fix they say ??? ---plug RCA cables in back of radio ( after you buy the square bit to remove separator)and run cables across camper to TV !
Not to sure which brilliant person thought of this. Dvd is useless this way.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypmd03 View Post
I have same 2016 16BHS
I emailed FR and they confirmed
That Furrion is not wired for dvd
Easy fix they say ??? ---plug RCA cables in back of radio ( after you buy the square bit to remove separator)and run cables across camper to TV !
Not to sure which brilliant person thought of this. Dvd is useless this way.

I just let this topic go last year because I was busy (and tired of trying to deal with it), but why install a system that plays DVDs in an RV that isn't wired for video? Makes no sense.

Does anybody know if the the coaxial system is in a 16 BHS is accessible and could a person "tap into it" in order to send the Furrion's video signal through the Coax?
Old 02-28-2017, 01:21 AM   #26
Wolfpup owner

I have a 2017 wolfpup 18TO. I also had problems getting sound just playing my TV to come out of my overhead speakers. Did not test the dvd. Any ideas on how to get the sound?
Old 02-28-2017, 06:35 AM   #27

You need to check connections behind DVD. They had mine connected wrong.
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #28

Mine were plugged into the wrong connections as well.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #29
Who Dares, Wins

Mine were all wrong, cable connections were not even hooked up, just shoved in the ceiling.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #30

I finally let my hubby bring the extra tv to the camper this weekend, and we too, can't get sound except for out of external speakers when playing DVDs. What good is this when it is pouring down rain and the kids are asleep in the back bunk room? Wish I had internet last weekend to read this. We will try these suggestions next weekend.

Tags
dvd