Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
rhg
RHGMass

Question Cheap Bedspreads in new Cherokee trailers

I am looking for ideas on how to enhance the bedspread that is included in the new Cherokees. For those of you who may not know it the bedspread is essentially a bed sheet. It has no quilting on the underside at all. It really is an area where FR cut cost big time and in turn supply something that is cheap. I know I could trash it and buy something better, however the bedspread print is used in the headboard and window dressing. It ties the look of it all together, and trashing the so called bedspread would loose the look. One thought I had was to have a tailor attach quilting to the back. Has anyone else had this done? If not I am open to other ideas people may have that could be used to enhance the so called bedspread.
rhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #2

Yep, it is cheap. our 05 Cherokee and our 07 had/has these and they are useless, only good for showing the trailer before you purchase it. we bought regular sheets and blankets and they are much better, sure they don`t match, but we are happy. i do like the idea of having something attached to the Cherokee bedspread or maybe even have it attached to a regular beadspread. just a thought.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #3

You're supposed to take that bedspread, fold it nicely and store it in the under bed storage. When you're ready to sell the camper, take it out and it looks like new. Increases resale value tremendously.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #4

we went and got a bed in a bag and it looks grate
jutojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #5

it would be less work I'd think to turn it into a duvet - essentially a pillowcase for a comforter.

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 56 2017: 8+
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, beds