Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #1

Cherokee 245L Fifth Wheel?

My wife and I are looking at a new 2010 FR Cherokee 245L fifth wheel trailer and seriously thinking about buying it.

However, I cannot find much (if any) info on how good of a trailer this actually is. As we're new to this game we're kind of in the dark as what to look for as well.

Anyone have any feedback on this particular model? Can we expect it to hold up to occassional weekend trips and vacations or will be end up being a money pit in the end?

Any help would be appreciated. We're almost ready to buy it but I don't want to jump into a problem if it can be avoided.
woods4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #2

Hi Woods,

Welcome to FRF. Glad you've joined us.

I haven't heard much bad talk, if any, about the Cherokee line. There are a few owners here and I'm sure they'll come along shortly to reply to your question.
I do know one thing, FR is a very good product.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #3

We are on our 2nd Cherokee. our first was a Cherokee Lite 28A. very nice trailer that we had for 2 years. we used it for many weekend trips and a nice 2 week trip out to Glacier NP. no issues to speek of. then we wanted a bigger trailer. so we ended up with a Cherokee 32B. this is also a nice trailer. the only issue we had with this was the Concertone stereo. after the 2nd replacement went out I installed a nice JVC head unit for a car. the sound is ten times better and I know when I go to use it, it will always work. other than that we really love the Cherokee line. they are a very nice mid level TT with lots of standard features that are optional or not even available on other manuf.!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #4

Cherokee is a mid level wood/ aluminum siding brand, built well, good features and generally very affordable. Here a link to ebay seller who has good cherokee deals:
eBay My World - rvsworldwide
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee