Old 02-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Cherokee 30L

Just purchased a Cherokee 30L. Anyone have input on this particular model? Will be towing with a 2006 Silverado - 310 HP - 3.42 ratio - 4X4 with towing package. Trailer is at my upper weight limit, but for now we will be flatlanding mostly to our lake property about an hour away. ( Especially after we get the electricity run back to the property! )

Don and Michele
3 Adult Children - 2 Granddaughters
Present campsite - future homesite  4
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Can't help you with any info on your rig, but congratulations on it and welcome to the FRF. Keep us informed on how it does.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
We have the 32B, oher than that all I can tell you is they are great trailers with alot of attention to detail! we love ours it is our 2nd before this one we had a Cherokee lite 28A.
02 Ford Excursion V-10 4.30 gears 5 Star Tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar Rear Airbags
Prodigy and Dual Cam
07 Cherokee 32B
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
we will take delivery on our 30L in about a week .we love the lay out in this model. had to do some customizeing on the dinette AND ADD A COUPLE OF OPTIONS. I WILL BE HAULING WITH THE BASIC SAME TRUCK AS YOU.
billy don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
Congrats. We have the 29b plus. Love it. We have it on some of our own property by a river so we wont be hauling it around. We did camp last weekend and it got into the 70's here in the midwest. Today first an icestorm and now its snowing... but at least I have 1 campnight already this year!

steveqvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Low Point Drains

Hey Billy Don,
When you do your walk through of your new trailer, ask them where the low point drain is. I forgot to ask and I have been all over this thing with no luck. I will ask when I go back to the dealer to pick up the spare tire I ordered. I don't know why that is an option. Good luck with your trailer.

Don and Michele
3 Adult Children - 2 Granddaughters
Present campsite - future homesite  4
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
Way to go My wife and I have had our 30f for three years now and absolutly love it The Cherrokee is such a nice unit and I hope you and yours enjoy it as much as we do
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
Cherokee 30l

I just queried the Internet for the Cherokee 30 L and found your message. Just a few years late. We too have a 2008 30 L.

Words of advice. You need three things to properly tow this trailer.

Vehicle towing weight

Frame weight that will withstand the bumper weight.

Engine Torque.

Most SUVs in 2008 didn't have all three of these. However, these features have all been improved by 2012.

I drive a Nissan Armada. Ten thousand pounds of towing weight and four hundred ten pounds of torque. Even with all this power I still have to sometimes use low gear to get up the hill.

Better towing with a weight distribution hitch. We have put a little over fifteen thousand miles on our trailer and have had a lot of fun with it. The original tires were too good. Had a blowout around ten thousand miles. Luckily we were driving fairly slow at the time and near an off amp that took us right into a tire store.

We took the original TV out when everything went digital. Now use it for storage. I mounted a universal TV mount on the side of the cabinet and now use a thirty-two inch flat panel. The original antenna works just fine for local TV. I ran the antenna cable over the inside of the slide-out to the new TV and ran a cable from the speaker outputs on the TV back to the auxiliary input on the trailer amplifier. Works fine

Lloyd and Marge.

LEGCNE is offline   Reply With Quote