Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant
if you have pics of the driver's side, of the rear underneath, that would be where the black/gray tank outlet would be.
and the tanks would be connected to the outlet.
the FW tank is usually forward, along with the water pump. but not always.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
I have one.
The pics in previous posts appear to not be FEMA spec trailers. They look to me to be trailers off of dealers lots that were re-purposed by FEMA early on. Those are the choice campers to have because they will have all of the tanks and a camper refrigerator. They removed the TV, Radio and luxury items in some of them. i have only been in one when I attended an auction.

I purchased a FEMA spec trailer. these were built to FEMA specifications. They are very basic and will not have decals or awnings when viewing from the outside.

They smell/vapor issues in my experience have been hype. I seem to be the only vapor issue in the camper

Mine and all of the ones I have looked at (100+) have DC power, lighting, propane heater and water heater (10 gal in mine), shower garden tub combo, microwave, foward queen bed, two aft bunks, futon sofa(RV type and cheap), galley table/bed (RV type). The difference is that FEMA spec campers have a porcelain household toilet, household refrigerator, and no fresh, grey or black water tanks. The grey lines and toilet lines converge at the side of the camper and were intended to be connected to existing sewer systems. I added a RV valve to mine and I pipe to a 42 gal blue tank at my hunting camp. I also run a generator. I did add a fresh water tank and pump into the system. I works great but I found I can monitor water usage better by just filling the back of the toilet as needed.

I posted pictures on this Forum about a year and a half ago, just search for FEMA, they may still be active.

kanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
I just realized that those were your pictures, you lucky dog. If you have a RV toilet than you should have tanks.

Look and see if you can find a tank monitor.

Also write down the model numbers of the appliances. I found most of the manuals in the camper when I bought mine. I found the converter manual on the internet.

Surburban WH and stove in mine.
Wico - WDC converter
The microwave will most likely be a stock household.

Here's a tip: if you buy a new mattress and it is one of those memory foam deals:

DON'T OPEN IT IN A TIGHT SPACE. At least not with your wife around.
I opened the box and the mattress was in a bag and shriveled up like a prune 2ft by 1ft. I was in the camper bed room and punctured the bag. It came to life and pinned me to the wall. All I could see was foam and my wife's hand in the door with the cell phone camera.

kanati is offline   Reply With Quote

cherokee, fema, maintenance, storage