Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2017, 06:35 AM   #1

Considering wolf pup 18to and help with others?

I have narrowed down my search for a new TT for us. We are newbies to this and will be my husband and I and our 3 small dogs. We want the best TT in our price range we want smaller and like bunk designs too because we can put our small dog kennels on the bunk. Here are our choices:

2013 Gulf Stream visa 19 RSD

2016 Apex Nano 17

2017 palomino real lite 17

2017 wolf pup 18to (has slide out)

2019 Salem cruise lite 19bh

Which of these is best quality, which is junk? Which has best bang for the buck?
Aimcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #2
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimcat View Post
I have narrowed down my search for a new TT for us. We are newbies to this and will be my husband and I and our 3 small dogs. We want the best TT in our price range we want smaller and like bunk designs too because we can put our small dog kennels on the bunk. Here are our choices:

2013 Gulf Stream visa 19 RSD

2016 Apex Nano 17

2017 palomino real lite 17

2017 wolf pup 18to (has slide out)

2019 Salem cruise lite 19bh

Which of these is best quality, which is junk? Which has best bang for the buck?
I bought my 18TO in September. I love it!! It is my first TT too. It is so open and easy to tow. I wanted something i coul pull with my 2012 pathfinder and could park and camp by myself. Nice layout. I looked at about 25 TT where several fit (Just barely) in my tow limit but they were longer. I wanted a little more freedom for parking.
nlparrott1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #3

Would you say quality is good?
Old 04-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #4
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
Would you say quality is good?
Yes I would. But haven't had but since September. I have had it under a cover all winter too. I did so much research on these sizes. It's not the top of the line in the TT world but I also didn't want to spend a fortune either. I read many many reviews and talked to several people that either own a wolfpup or the larger Greywolf and they had no complaints. I talked to them at the campgrounds while they were camping. I figured if I wanted a different one later I could sell it. This size has become very popular in the middle Tennessee area.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #5

We are in East TN! We do small BBQ competitions also for fun and want to use it for that also. I like that the Wolf Pup has the slide, it seems like it opens it up more than the others. Then the little bunk that goes over the couch I could put my little dogs kennels on and they can look out.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
We are in East TN! We do small BBQ competitions also for fun and want to use it for that also. I like that the Wolf Pup has the slide, it seems like it opens it up more than the others. Then the little bunk that goes over the couch I could put my little dogs kennels on and they can look out.
Yea I love the slide out. I got it for the bunk area too for future grand nieces or nephews. I come to east Tennessee a lot. Camping on my first solo at Roam Mountain in June. My best friend lives in Hampton. Where did you find the 18TO. My best friend is going to start looking too.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #7

My husband is a bigger guy like 6'1 300lbs. Do you think it would be hard for him to maneuver the bathroom?

Also we are finding the best deal in Ohio, which is a way away. I think we may just do the deal and have hauled to us but they have the best price.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:27 PM   #8
Wolfpup owner

Quote:
My husband is a bigger guy like 6'1 300lbs. Do you think it would be hard for him to maneuver the bathroom?

Also we are finding the best deal in Ohio, which is a way away. I think we may just do the deal and have hauled to us but they have the best price.
Yea he would probably have to crack the door. One disadvantage to it. I'm 5'8" and can sit with the door closed but knees aren't but a couple off inched from the door
Old 05-03-2017, 02:26 PM   #9

We just bought one in March and love it so far. We have a large German shepherd so this layout affords him a spot to lay inside the camper. I am 6' 3" and 200 pounds so there is no shutting the bathroom door. At least I can keep an eye on the dog while I'm in the bathroom

Tags
wolf pup