Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #1

Couple questions about winterizing

Hi all. I bought a 2010 Wolf Pup 16P earlier this year and had it out many times and had tons of fun. But now it's time for winterizing but I have a couple questions.

First off, does anyone know if my system has the spare hose at the water pump to run the rv antifreeze through? Where I store my trailer is about a half hour drive so I'd like to know before I go out there if I need to buy one or not.

And second, should I close my roof vents? I was thinking of leaving one open a bit to allow the trailer to breathe. The vent I would keep open is in the bathroom and does have one of those big covers over it to keep the rain from coming in.

And also, do I need to put a cover over the ac unit on the roof?

Thanks for your help.
ForkliftJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #2

Keep the vents closed, your unit likely have enough holes in it as it is.

As for the A/F tube you might look at the pump and see if there is a tube not connected to anything.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:56 AM   #3

Thanks I will make sure to close my vents. And I'm thinking I will just buy the antifreeze hose kit to take out there just in case it doesn't have one. I know what to look for I was just hoping someone had one of these trailers and could tell me if they come from factory with one.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:48 PM   #4

FYI, I just did mine for the first time ever and installed the camco bypass valve thing. I'm happy to walk you through it, it was a pair cuz I'm 6'4 230 working in a space where the pump is that's the size of a shoebox but other than that, seemed to all workout great.
Abulldog08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:42 PM   #5

I actually did mine a couple weeks ago. I bought the camco kit as well but the hose on my pump does not screw on so I need to modify the tee with a couple 1/2" hose barbs and splice it into the hose before the pump. I will install that next year. I did manage to unscrew the feed hose from the bottom of the fresh water tank and hook up the tee there to suck up the antifreeze. It worked great.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1478731311.103719.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	124981
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1478731351.275936.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	124982

Tags