Old 06-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
Coupler height

Hi. I bought a new weight distributing hitch and i need to know how high to properly set it to my coupler height. Problem is my driveway and the road in front of my house are not level. I cant seem to find any info as to what the proper coupler height of my trailer is. Anyone have one they could measure on level ground for me?

2013 cherokee grey wolf 27bh

I assume most grey wolfs are all the same height.

Thank u much!

kark0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
Unlevel surface is ok as long as truck and trailer are on the same slope. If that's the case, just measure the trailer frame front and back and get it the same distance off the ground. Then back the truck right next to the coupler and set up (about 1/8" for ever 100 lbs TW higher than the coupler seems to work well).

Now, if I'm picturing your situation correctly, you can't do this and will be pointing nose down on the trailer and even or nose up on the truck. That being the case, set the trailer up as I said before measuring from the frame, then measure your coupler height and set the hitch accordingly. Unfortunately, you can set the height like that, but you really need the entire rig level to properly adjust it.

2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #3
If you can't find level ground then if you make front and back of the trailer the same distance from the ground that should be the correct coupler height.

If your frame is the same size for the length of the trailer you can measure there. My trailer has a place down the side where the walls of trailer meet the skirt, I measure there.
Jack and Jan
Nights camped 2014 - 8 | Nights camped 2015 - 23 | Nights camped 2016 - 24
2015 Ford Super Duty F350 > Blue Ox Swaypro WD Hitch > 2015 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote