Old 05-29-2018, 10:01 PM   #1

detailed questions re: Wolf Pup 18to

Really liking the Wolf Pup 18TO on paper, but a few detailed questions for actual owners, please since there is no dealer stock near me:

1. Is the front bed really 60" x 80"? I find RV manufacturers to be liberal with "Queen Bed" definitions.

2. What are the dimensions of the sleeper sofa and bunk above?

3. Where are the fresh/grey/black water tanks and hot water heater at? Trying to calculate tongue weight when full. Any example configs (ie. fresh water and water heater full + 1 LP and 1 battery) and resulting weights you've seen are much appreciated, as my Flagstaff MAC 228 popup config can approach 20% of total weight and I'd like to keep the 18TO at more like 10-15%.

4. How do you like the rear swing down tray? Seems awesome, but haven't seen any photos/videos in use. Does the spare tire swing down with it?

5. Do I understand correctly that the only exterior storage doors is front-right (under queen bed) and a small area under dinette? Would love to know dimensions of under-dinette storage, as I want to store there to minimize tongue weight.

Any downsides I should consider?

Must have options?

steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
Wolfpup owner

I have owned mine for 1 1/2 years. I love it. I pull it with a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder with no problem with it having ability to pull 6000 lb towing ability. It Is not much wider than the Pathfinder so donít have to worry about side swiping things. I looked at 25 trailers before seeing this one and bought it as soon as I saw it. It is open feel due to big slide out.
The bed is 60 x 74. I just bought a new mattress. Donít know other bed measurements but seem like full size. The pull out bunk is twin size. The storage underneath couch is where I keep all my electrical, water, sewer and leveling things. In the front storage it is the same as queen bed but water heater is there so about 60 x 60. I keep extra tables, towing stuff bunk mattress.
I had the following things added: electric tongue, very good weight-sway bars (worth every penny), backup camera, led back up lights I can turn on from inside Pathfinder. Inside of camper while towing I keep my bike and 2 nice chairs. Shower had a separate tub which is a plus but no sink which is fine since sink is right there in kitchen.
When I pull in a campground a lot of people want to see inside since it is small and very towable. Make sure you get the weight distribution sway bar, no matter what. I also added tank heaters too.
The gray and black tanks are right behind the wheel. I donít have the drop down tray in the back.
Hope this helps. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4369.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	173934Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4371.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	173935Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4375.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	173936

nlparrott1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:38 AM   #3

https://youtu.be/gq_WC682u1k

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlparrott1212 View Post
I have owned mine for 1 1/2 years. I love it.
Very helpful, thank you.

Any idea on hitch weight with actual contents inside and/or fresh water tank full?

Do you know where the fresh water tank is?

And is there enough space to get a longer mattress in front? Iím 6í2Ē, so 74Ē is a bit short.

Thanks again!
steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #5
Wolfpup owner

Fresh water tank is right under where the water connection. There is room for a 75 in mattress but no longer. Standard size is the short queen. I let a friend use it last July 4th for his fireworks stand and he is at least 6í2 if not taller and he didnít say anything. But he had air conditioning so that was most important thing for him. I donít know if you will find a camper this size with a standard queen mattress. I canít remember the tongue weight except it was well within the limits of the Pathfinder. What would you be pulling it with?
nlparrott1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #6

The bed is indeed a short queen. Queen width 50" but only 64" tall. Yes, my height, too, but I slept on it fine the two nights of our 16BHS's first outing. My wife, not so much. Just received in an 8" memory foam mattress via Amazon. $200 RV/short queen shipped.
There is a raised shelf/headboard that somebody here removed, filled in the space under the shelf, and put a mattress in wall to wall, IIRC a standard queen.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #7

Black Label Edition 18to

I know I am a little behind on this post but here goes anyhow. My husband and I purchased a ble 18to about a month ago. We have now been on 3 camping trips and love our 18to. The biggest thing that I would say about our purchase is that we happened to luck out on the dealer we purchased our camper through. We did not do research on the dealer prior to the purchase. We had a tough time even finding the black label edition and when we got the camper home and plugged in we realized that the a/c was not working properly. We called the dealer (Hopper RV in Jacksonville IL) and not only were the prompt but they happened to be in our area (Indianapolis IN) the next day and brought a new a/c unit with them and installed at our house for us. Doing research on the camper you want is just as important as the dealership, I now know. Lol. If you have any issues with the camper the dealership would be the one that you would contact to help fix any issues. I have seen posts about horrible time getting issues corrected because the dealership just didnt want to deal with it.

On a side note is there anyone out there with the black label edition 18to? Happy camping to all!!!

Jjjrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, wolf pup