Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #1

Direct tv

I bought a portable dish to take camping. Do i need to buy a dedicated box or can i take the box from the house?
Petef729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #2

We just pull the box out of our kitchen on the way out the front door. Nobody is at home to watch it, but we do have my sister that lives in our basement apartment. She keeps her box, it still works. We have our box in our fifth wheel and a portable antenna and we are all set.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrykalia View Post
We just pull the box out of our kitchen on the way out the front door. Nobody is at home to watch it, but we do have my sister that lives in our basement apartment. She keeps her box, it still works. We have our box in our fifth wheel and a portable antenna and we are all set.

X2 But, depending on how far away from home you go, you may loose your "local" stations (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CW etc.) but, the rest of your package will still come in. If you do loose them and can't get the locals at your new location via the OTA antenna, you can call DirecTv and have them change your "service address" ONLY (not your mailing address). Do it only if no one left at home. Then, when you get home, just call and have them switch it back.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
X2 But, depending on how far away from home you go, you may loose your "local" stations (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CW etc.) but, the rest of your package will still come in. If you do loose them and can't get the locals at your new location via the OTA antenna, you can call DirecTv and have them change your "service address" ONLY (not your mailing address). Do it only if no one left at home. Then, when you get home, just call and have them switch it back.
X3. We take our master Genie from our living room and a mini-Genie slave from our bedroom and use them both.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #5

Nice. Thank you.
Petef729 is offline   Reply With Quote