Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #1

Does anyone have the "Tire Traker TPMS?"

The price looks good the only thing that scares me is there is no home base for the company. Apparently they sell at RV shows only and travel about the country. If anyone knows anything about them I would appreciate the info as I would really like to have a TPMS. Here is their link.

https://www.tiretraker.com/default.asp
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Home base seems to -----------------

Home base seems, (according to their web site) is Livingston, TX. with a address.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Here is another system to consider.

tst systems

I have this system and it works great. There are people to talk to if that makes you more comfortable. Good luck!
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
H2oski

I purchased the tire minder about a month ago. It's the same thing as tire tracker. The main reason I purchase tire minder was as you stated. RV shows VS Camping World so I could return it if I didn't like it or it didn't work as advertised. I've used it on one trip so far and it works as advertised. I'm goin to purchase the booster because everthing is based on communication between the sensors and monitor. I have also emailed Tire minder with a technical question and the returned my email within a day. So far happy with the system. Only time will tell. Good Luck
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Now a "Top Member"

I thought that address sounded familiar. It is just up the road a bit from the Escapees Club in Livingston. Just up the road a bit further from my house. Hmmm. Someone on another forum I'm on just bought one of these, but I don't think he's received it yet. Their website looks pretty impressive. I'll have to look it over better when I have more time.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
The price looks good the only thing that scares me is there is no home base for the company. Apparently they sell at RV shows only and travel about the country. If anyone knows anything about them I would appreciate the info as I would really like to have a TPMS. Here is their link.

https://www.tiretraker.com/default.asp
No I don't think they sell only at RV shows.

I ordered mine Monday after speaking with Daryl - should be in the mani box today

Daryl did say that the product is also sold by other dealers, but I think he is the main distrutor.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20ski View Post
I purchased the tire minder about a month ago. It's the same thing as tire tracker. The main reason I purchase tire minder was as you stated. RV shows VS Camping World so I could return it if I didn't like it or it didn't work as advertised. I've used it on one trip so far and it works as advertised. I'm goin to purchase the booster because everthing is based on communication between the sensors and monitor. I have also emailed Tire minder with a technical question and the returned my email within a day. So far happy with the system. Only time will tell. Good Luck

I ordered mine Monday after speaking with Daryl. I asked him about the booster and he asked me if my TV was a diesel or gas rig. He said for some reason the booster was needed more for diesel TV's than gas ones.

He advised me to not buy the booster yet. He said to try it out and I might not need it. I respect that - no sales pressure.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #8

I use the tire minder and they have free battery replacement till 2018....the valve stem is the only issue.....make sure you get the correct transmitters for the one you are going to put the transmitter on...aluminum - rubber - etc....can use them on any vehicle that you are towing as long as they are compatible with the valve stem.....I
switch from one trailer to another depending which one I am using.....just program as per instructions and adjust as necessary to get the reading and alarms you want.

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I ordered mine Monday after speaking with Daryl. I asked him about the booster and he asked me if my TV was a diesel or gas rig. He said for some reason the booster was needed more for diesel TV's than gas ones.

He advised me to not buy the booster yet. He said to try it out and I might not need it. I respect that - no sales pressure.
As promised by Daryl my TT showed up on my door step this morning. It was mailed from Livingston, Texas

I will open the box and read the manual later today.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #10

Looks the same as the HawksHead system

TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #11

I ordered the Tire Traker yesterday and the lady told me it would be delivered Monday. Thanks for everyone's help.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #12

All the TPMS (tire traker, tire minder) are the same unit, different labels. They work great - I put it on the TT and NO PROBLEMS, and just because it CAN track up to 22 tires I also got xmitrs for the TV (I know, I already have a TPMS fm the factory) but I now know what the tire press and temps are in all 8 tires. Great system.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTJohn View Post
All the TPMS (tire traker, tire minder) are the same unit, different labels. They work great - I put it on the TT and NO PROBLEMS, and just because it CAN track up to 22 tires I also got xmitrs for the TV (I know, I already have a TPMS fm the factory) but I now know what the tire press and temps are in all 8 tires. Great system.

You could be right - but there are a lot of positive posts about the TST system. I have the Tire Traker, but if I had it to do over again, I would have purchased the TST.