Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 10:24 AM   #1

Does trailer come with owners manual

We are newbies to the Travel Trailer world. We just bought a Cherokee 274DBH. It came with all kinds of papers for the TV, Radio/DVD player, A/C, Stove etc... but it did not come with a owners manual. Shouldn't it have a Owners Manual? A manual that would explain the general trailer, like the stabilization jacks, water and waste tanks, general maintenance and the sort of stuff.

Thanks
dn1000
dn1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

They are generic and all but worthless.
No plumbing or wiring diagrams.

Upside to having one is they make good fire starters.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

If you purchased new yes it should have a general owners manual along with the other accessory manuals. Ask the dealer you purchased from for the manual. Most manuals are generic and cover most all campers. BTW welcome to the forum. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:39 PM   #4

We decided back in January to find/buy a newer TT as we needed more room with the three g'sons getting bigger. I had read on this forum, when I had the previous TT, about units not having what we would call an "owners manual". When we found/bought the new TT we went back a week later to pick it up and do the "new owners indoctrination", or whatever you want to call it. Now the salesman was not pushy, but he was a salesman never the less and has that smooth used car salesperson talk. Near the end of the show, and after he had shown us all the paper work for the TV, radio, etc. I asked him where was the owners manual. I could not have gotten a better expression from him if I had thrown cold water on him. He actually stuttered while explaining that there were so many different models that it would be impossible for each one to have an owners manual. I told him that ALL new vehicles come with an owners manual so why can't RV's come with one. The more questions I asked the more he stuttered. He then told me he would try to find something with infor and instructions just for my unit. Believe it or not: One week later he called to tell me that he had actually gotten me an owners manual from the factory and was putting it in the mail, he just wanted to verify my mailing address. As others have stated--it was generic and contained a lot of BS that was not useful at all. It appeared to have been copied from some other booklet. But I have an owners manual.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:49 PM   #5

If you have an iPhone or iPad go to the 'app store' and search for 'Forest River RV Owner Digital Kit' it has all the manuals for all the 2015 & 2016 Forest River RVs. Everything but a good old fashion wiring diagram!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spydernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #6

BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #7

You can go online to Forest River.com and download a manual as well as view maintenance videos. The owner's manuals do leave something to be desired as you will see
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #8

You can get more info on this forum than any owners manual because they are so generic. Individual manuals for AC, furnace, water heater, etc can be helpful and should always be included.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
You can get more info on this forum than any owners manual because they are so generic. Individual manuals for AC, furnace, water heater, etc can be helpful and should always be included.
This.

We received all of the owners and installation manuals for the equipment in our trailer along with an "Owners Manual". Other than the initial look we haven't used the owners manual since. On the otherhand I have used the individual appliance manuals on several occasions.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #10

Good idea to thoroughly go through all of the individual manuals anyway. Saves a lot of headache when something goes wrong on a trip. I spend several days making sure I know where all the motors, fuses, relays, etc. are before I go anywhere.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:46 AM   #11

Manuals??

My guess is that someone looking at RV's absconded with the manuals or the dealer gave them to someone else. During our quest for a new TT, 274DBH last spring we caught several people attempting to remove (steal) things from a new TT, including a co2/gas detector!

Ours fortunately came with all the proper manuals, but did have a few missing small parts, ie. the rubber clips for the inside stovetop grill to snap into, TV mount, and a couple of the pins used on the rear fold down rack.

When we went to the dealer the tech guy just grabbed everything we were missing from another new TT.
GT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #12
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. You will find that the information provided here is considerably more useful than the generic manual provided with an RV. It is unlikely you will have a question or problem that has not been encountered and solved by a forum member.
As this is a recent purchase, if you did not get a build sheet ask your dealer for ti. It is delivered by FR with every new trailer. it lists make, model and serial # of every installed appliance. Make a copy and keep one at home ane one in the RV. This way when you need help, service or parts, you can provide the information needed to fix it. If the dealer will not provide it, you can open the service panels of all the appliances and create your won. Sooner or later, you will need that info.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, trailer