Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Who Dares, Wins

Few issues with radio and doors with our 26DBH.. Advise anyone for the radio??

Got back from a week in SC and GA. It was our maiden long voyage with the TT (did a weekend at Hershey to make sure we were good).

For the most part everything went well, very nice upgrade from our previous TT.

RADIO ISSUE: We have a Magnadyne radio (according to the paperwork). I think it is a RV4000. The problem is that it has very bad reception while listening to the radio and the big issue, it seems to freeze up and require the reset button be pressed. Anyone have this issue and or know of a fix for the freeze up and the reception. I will go to the dealer if I can not solve the prob on my own.

Another issue we found was the inside bathroom door would not latch unless the trailer was perfectly level. Even then it was tough. Turns out FR can not align the latch and striker very well. I hit the frame with the dremel and dropped it about an 1/8" and now it can close. The outside rear door was the same way, deadbolt would not lock. Same issue, hole was in the wrong place.

I was concerned about the A/C not working well either, but, once home I tested it. Turns out it blew plenty cold, the A/C issue was most likely the campground wiring. The CG box was pretty crappy.... I noticed while at the CG the A/C compressor seemed to struggle to start up. I'm getting a multi meter for future site testing.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #2

For the radio reception, try it with the antenna booster on and off. I believe I get better reception with my booster on.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

Thank you. I will try that. We had the satellite hooked and never even turned on the booster during the week. -Pat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 06-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #4

I have a 2014 Cherokee with the RV4000 also. My reception was pathetic also, booster made no difference at all. I started checking in to it and found a lot of splitters in it. They have to be there if you want all of the ant. Jacks to work. I only have 1 tv and the radio. I eliminated the splitters and now have much better reception and the booster makes a noticeable difference. Every splitter in the ant. Line cuts down on your ant. Gain. There was a double splitter behind the radio and a triple in the ceiling behind the main ant/booster jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #5

Was having the same problem as far as reception in our 2104 cherokee 304BH. Did some researching on here and in my manuals. Our trailer has the wineguard little mushroom on top. After reading some threads I started with the simple stuff. After pulling out the radio. ( easy 4 square head screws ) I found a sweet long square head power driver bit left behind by the sloppy build team. Long story short more sloppy work behind the deck was to blame. Where the cable from the wineguard split to the radio and fm antenna connector the connectors were all loose. Tightened everything up. Put back the radio, and hit the little button on the wineguard outlet and the green light came on and the radio reception is greatly improved. Still nothing to brag about but defiantly working.

2015 Nights Camped 32
2014 Nights Camped 21
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
2014 Cherokee 304 BH
Goose killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
Who Dares, Wins

Think the reception issue is good now. Three emails to magnadyne and no responce. Great service... trying to avoid a dealer trip for a radio.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB

Tags
door, radio