Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #1

Finally getting around to saying HI! New 26L owner

We bought our trailer in September 2010 after years of deciding if we would enjoy it or not. We purchased a Cherokee 26L and it fits my wife and I perfectly. We tow it with a 2003 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi....grunts but gets it done. Several threads on this site have helped me make decisions and gave me the confidence to do projects and winterizing myself. Today I received my MaxBrake brake controller to upgrade from the Primus IQ we got from the dealer (never got it quite right). We will see if that helps with the head bobbing.

To all the education I say thanks!
HemiCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #2

Even though you've been around awhile, to the forum.

This is a great place for information about your RV. Lots of knowledgeable people willing to help.

I hope you have a great summer camping.

Good luck and happy camping!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #3

Great to have more cherokee owners here. I am new, we are picking ours up in April, but its nice finding out all the info about stuff here. Cant wait to do my first Mod's.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

Better late than never and it is always good to see another FR owner. I am sure you will keep on enjoying your trailer and will find many friendly people on here to help you out wehn you need it.

And once again a big
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Even though you've been around awhile, to the forum.

This is a great place for information about your RV. Lots of knowledgeable people willing to help.

I hope you have a great summer camping.

Good luck and happy camping!
X2!!!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #6

Update:
Yesterday a deal on a 2008 Ram 2500 4x4 with the CTD practically fell in my lap and the DW agreed so now I am busy changing everything over to the 08 and having fun with all the valuable info I have learned here. BTW the MaxBrake works great!

We will be camping over Easter so the DW is stressing a little to make sure I get everything right. I always tell here this site has all the info I need.

As soon as I can I will post pics of the setup.

Again, Thanks to everyone for your help without me even having to ask.

HC
Old 03-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCab
Update:
Yesterday a deal on a 2008 Ram 2500 4x4 with the CTD practically fell in my lap and the DW agreed so now I am busy changing everything over to the 08 and having fun with all the valuable info I have learned here. BTW the MaxBrake works great!

We will be camping over Easter so the DW is stressing a little to make sure I get everything right. I always tell here this site has all the info I need.

As soon as I can I will post pics of the setup.

Again, Thanks to everyone for your help without me even having to ask.

HC
How do you like your cherokee? We just bought our first TT a 2012 Cherokee 274bh with power bunks. any problems with yours we should keep an eye out for?
Lonewolfcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #8

It is just me and DW so there is plenty of space for the 2 of us. We looked for several years and this is the first model that we both liked. So far (knocking on wood) we have not had any manufacturing defects or issues. The factory tires were replaced by the dealership because of cracks on the side walls. To answer the main question, we love it!

My father in law passed away in December so the MIL will be claiming the sofa as her bedroom when we go out camping. I believe there will be plenty of space for the 3 of us. Good thing is I love my MIL so even if it gets tight we will survive.

HC
TST 507RV TPMS
MaxBrake BC
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #9

Thanks. The DW and I are looking forward to taking are 2 boys 7 & 4 camping a lot this year in the magical mitten (Michigan) and hopefully giving them some great memories.
Lonewolfcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #10

I did not camp that much as a kid but the time or 2 I did (tent) it really gives me some great memories. The DW and her family had several trailers so that was the biggest influence for us getting a TT and it has been no looking back since the day we got it!

BTW congrats on the trailer and enjoy the kids and the memories you will make.

HC
TST 507RV TPMS
MaxBrake BC
Old 03-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #11

HemiCab,

Was the install on the maxbrake fairly easy? Did you have to bleed the system after install? The information I can find does not mention bleeding, but I am an old school guy and it seems that if you open the brake system, it would need bled.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #12

The install was easy. A line bender came in handy. Yes I bleed the line at the adapter/coupler for the network cable after connecting it to the front brake line....2 cracks and the air was gone. No issues since then. The brakes on the trailer act the same as ones on the truck, I liked the Prodigy but this is better IMHO. After I put it on the 1500 I soon purchased a 2500 and forgot to get the adapter/coupler. Called the manufacture and they gave me a discount on a new one and helped me with adjusting the settings for better truck brakes of the 2500.

HC
TST 507RV TPMS
MaxBrake BC