Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 04:43 AM   #1

First Timer / Cherokee Limited 274 DBH

Our story...

My parents (in their 60’s) recently pulled the trigger on a new Cherokee Limited 274 DBH which I must admit caught me off guard. I didn’t even know they liked the Great Outdoors let alone were going to purchase a travel trailer!? They came over for a visit in early June of this year and surprised my wife and I with the news that they are now the proud new owners of a travel trailer. They went on to say that it was brand spanking new and not going to be delivered until late June/early July. Apparently it had to be built first Lol.

My first thought was they must be joking as I have many fond memories growing up that always included a hotel somewhere nowhere ever in the woods. My second thought after realizing that this was not a joke was good for them! After all they deserve to enjoy their new found freedom that recent retirement brings.
They have 2 grown adult children which include me and my sister along with 2 grandchildren (My sisters 2 kids). The month leading up to the new trailer was one of great excitement looking into camp grounds that we all wanted to go to.

Fast forward to the week of delivery:

My parents were told that the trailer would be delivered to the local RV lot on June 30th we were all very excited to go as a family and enjoy the Fourth of July weekend. The day of the 30th the salesman called us and said the factory messed up and sent the wrong trailer. All of us were very bummed out and thought our weekend plans would have to be scrapped. They told us that they might be able to get it the next day but didn’t make any promises as it was now into the Fourth of July weekend. L

The next day he called and told my dad that the trailer was on the way from Indiana (Friday July 1st ) I was thinking to myself “Yeah Right” and “No Way it’s a holiday weekend” 3 pm rolled around and no word, then 5pm nothing… I finally realized that it was going to be a no go. It turns out that the salesman and his entire staff stayed until the trailer got there at 8pm (Long after they closed!)

I was in utter shock that they all would stay for our family just to make sure we all knew how to work the new trailer this late on a Holiday weekend. It was my first glimpse into the “RV world” in terms how helpful people who enjoy RV-ing are to the “Newbies”

As soon as we got set up at the camp ground the very next morning other campers came out (They could tell we ALL were new to this) and were the nicest and most helpful people ever.

Our family was able to take the new trailer out on its maiden voyage for the Fourth of July weekend! How cool!

Well that’s our story I’m sure I will be asking questions in the VERY near future Lol!
MattyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:55 AM   #2

Matty Patty, With a Story like that I/We would Really appreciate the Name & Address of the RV Dealer! We LIKE to hear about GOOD Dealers! Thanks,Youroo!!

Tags
cherokee, first time