Old 03-23-2015, 03:41 PM   #11

Looking at the pic, I'd have to agree with LOCOGK. Appears the rear is sagging a bit. Need Airbags, or a good WDH.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuffwuff View Post
Looking at the pic, I'd have to agree with LOCOGK. Appears the rear is sagging a bit. Need Airbags, or a good WDH.
Looks like it does have bars in the photo... probably not set up as well as it could be. I hook mine up before all the weight is on the truck using the power jack to help with the heavy lifting.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #13

i have a great wdh and i still needed the air bags i got air lift 1000 love them
Old 03-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #14

Wow.
Very Nice.
Lots of priceless memories in your future.
Congrats
Old 03-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #15

Enjoy your Grey Wolf! We've towed ours to the Florida Gulf Coast two times and have had no issues.
tion: Lewisburg, PA

JEFF1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:48 PM   #16

Enjoy and welcome from Texas... As to the list thingy... I don't do them. I usually spend a week getting ready so by the time I leave, everything's there. Hasn't failed me yet.

However, being a glider pilot, I ALWAYS use a preflight checklist. Hasn't failed me yet...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:49 PM   #17

Let's give "Mob5" the benefit of the doubt and let's say that he does have a weight distribution hitch (WDH). I also agree that the truck/camper package is not set up correctly as there is definitely some drop to the rear of the truck. Last January I traded up from an '05 29 foot TT to a new 31foot TT and I had to literally start over with my WDH. I pulled the 29 footer with the fifth link from the top attached to the WDH and now I am using the sixth link from the top. The first time I pulled the new unit using the old fifth link set-up the front end of my truck felt light. Adjusting up one more link seemed to put more weight towards the front of the truck and made handling a lot easier. Amazing how much difference just one link can make.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Let's give "Mob5" the benefit of the doubt and let's say that he does have a weight distribution hitch (WDH). I also agree that the truck/camper package is not set up correctly as there is definitely some drop to the rear of the truck. Last January I traded up from an '05 29 foot TT to a new 31foot TT and I had to literally start over with my WDH. I pulled the 29 footer with the fifth link from the top attached to the WDH and now I am using the sixth link from the top. The first time I pulled the new unit using the old fifth link set-up the front end of my truck felt light. Adjusting up one more link seemed to put more weight towards the front of the truck and made handling a lot easier. Amazing how much difference just one link can make.

We do have a WDH (Elite Round Bars, I believe?). They are not what we wanted or paid for (dealership is going to pay us back the difference). After the install, we went out to look it over and were notified that the hitch we had selected wouldn't work with the Grey Wolf, due to some new mod on the tongue of the trailer. We were miffed, to say the least. In addition to this news, the WDH we ended up with had to be modified on top of everything. It is supposed to tighten up using chains, like you describe, but could not be installed that way due to the tongue, so there is, for lack of a better word, a wench (???) with nylon straps that we have to use on each side to pull it up tight in place of where the chains would be. We are tightening it up about as far as the installer at the dealership did. Hard to tell since he told us to look at the "white dots" as a guide, the "white dots" being painted onto the straps. Of course the straps come completely out when you unhook everything, so I never saw them again. Guess we didn't roll it back in the way he did? I am not sure what else could be done, in regard to the WDH. When we tighten it up on each side, ther is aporoximately a 5" drop in the straps, where your chain would be. Tighten it even more? I do agree we probably need airbags. The raise is much bouncier than I expected it to be. Sort of like riding on a pontoon boat over waves.
We have never towed anything this bug before, our last trailer being a 6x12 v-nose cargo conversion of sorts. Hubs is already looking into the airbags (and dreaming about a bigger truck, of course). We are learning as fast as we can and really appreciate every bit of advice anyone has to offer! Thank you!
Old 03-24-2015, 12:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersfan View Post
Looks like it does have bars in the photo... probably not set up as well as it could be. I hook mine up before all the weight is on the truck using the power jack to help with the heavy lifting.

Hmm...trying to picture what you mean here. When we are hooking up, I drop the power jack down enough to connect, but I didn't think I was lowering it beyond that before tightening up the WDH. Trying to recall. Avtually, though, the picture here was taken after we left the dealership. They installed the WDH and hooked it up, not us. We have done it once again since then, but I don't think we got a pic from then. Might need to come back to this thread and post a pic when we hook it up again Easter weekend...see if they way I do it looks any different from how the dealer's guy did.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:39 AM   #20

Looking over the two replies I just posted...holy typos, batman! Hopefully ya'll can make it out. Ha!

Tags
trailer