Old 05-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #11

Maybe it should read "Temporarly Un-Proud"

Greg, its a done deal.

Over all I think we are pleased, but really have not
had the opportunity to use all systems yet.

Nina

Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #12

be proud of it! you and your family have worked hard for it.

greg

Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Nina, I was a litle saddened to read of your first weekend out.... we all were excited for you and little things like that do dampen a person's spirits. However, keep in mind that a) it's minor; b) could have been worse (a leak inside the trailer); and c) you REALLY feel part of the forum now, don't you!!

The only part that maddens me is the fact that the tanks were supposed to have been checked in PDI. But, in a dealer's yard, I don't know that a lot of time is spent watching for leaks. A fellow at our campground this weekend found out that his 'checked over' 2004 Jayco 5th wheeler had a plugged black water tank. Plugged isn't good. Ever.

Which reminds me!!!! Don't ever camp with your black water valve open. When you do, the liquid runs off and the solids (imagine what solids are) just settle at the bottom, building up and hardening until the outlet is plugged with those lovely solids.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #14

hey Welshman were you watch me on our first trip out with our new 5er ?? I added water put the chems in the tank and used it most of the day when i walked around the side of the camper and noticed how long the handles were . there not long they were OPEN , and the cap was on . I had to put a bucket under it and slooowwllyy let the water ( will call it water ) drain out after closing the valves . Dealer never closed them after they check it out !
Old 05-22-2007, 11:02 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
oh crap! I think I would have been tempted to jack the side of the trailer up - way up- to get the 'water' back past the valve, close it and bring 'er back down. Faced with that problem, I tend to get inventive!

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
Nina, I was a litle saddened to read of your first weekend out.... we all were excited for you and little things like that do dampen a person's spirits. However, keep in mind that a) it's minor; b) could have been worse (a leak inside the trailer); and c) you REALLY feel part of the forum now, don't you!!

The only part that maddens me is the fact that the tanks were supposed to have been checked in PDI. But, in a dealer's yard, I don't know that a lot of time is spent watching for leaks. A fellow at our campground this weekend found out that his 'checked over' 2004 Jayco 5th wheeler had a plugged black water tank. Plugged isn't good. Ever.

Which reminds me!!!! Don't ever camp with your black water valve open. When you do, the liquid runs off and the solids (imagine what solids are) just settle at the bottom, building up and hardening until the outlet is plugged with those lovely solids.
Yep, what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfans View Post
hey Welshman were you watch me on our first trip out with our new 5er ?? I added water put the chems in the tank and used it most of the day when i walked around the side of the camper and noticed how long the handles were . there not long they were OPEN , and the cap was on . I had to put a bucket under it and slooowwllyy let the water ( will call it water ) drain out after closing the valves . Dealer never closed them after they check it out !
Whoops!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
oh crap! I think I would have been tempted to jack the side of the trailer up - way up- to get the 'water' back past the valve, close it and bring 'er back down. Faced with that problem, I tend to get inventive!

Now that would have been fun to watch!!

Oh, and whatís with the days camped in 2007 thingy Iím noticing on sigs?? I've lost count already. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #17

Nina
Maybe this will make yo feel better. About 3 years ago we had a Sunline Rv that someone backed into in our storage area. I took it to the Sunline factory for repairs. When we went to pick it up they must have drug it to the shop because the bent the front jack post. They replaced my electric jack before we left. When we got to campground I went to fill the fresh water tank and the wife started screaming I'm filling the inside. Well when they pulled the siding off they didn't disconnect the fresh water fill line and tore it off the tank. Sooo I decided I'll wait to fix it in the morning and we'll relax. When we went to bed that cool Easter eve we had no heat. Soooo we used the cube heater and were fine. Next day went for hose and fixed that, pulled the heater from outside the coach and found the maintenance switch had been shut off. Wife said to take it back to the factory and I said they'll never see this unit again. Everything worked great that I fixed. So dont worry, that was the factory of a supposed great rv. Just remember to carry more frosties or wine and relax. As budfans said crap happens.
Larry
Old 05-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #18

Nina, don't let the small stuff get you down!

Our first nite driveway camping in our 'new to us' TT didn't go all that well either...
(You may have read my whining What a mess post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfans View Post
Budfans,
When I read your post and the responses I was giggling.
At least until I thought, wait a minute, my handles sure seemed long too...
Sure enough, after getting home from work, went to check and I had neglected to close them.
(In all my years of tenting, I've never had a problem forgetting to close tank valves...)
Wasn't too bad correcting the situation, as the tanks were clean/dry and pretty much all thats flowed into them is water from sanitizing the freshwater, flushing it out, and letting the kids dip their feet in a short tub of water "c'mon dad we need to see if it works!!!"
Old 05-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #19

I had forgot about one last year with a friend.

Friend bought a new 33 foot challenger 5'er

He had never owned a trailer and asked me to go with him for the PDI. Well I did and found that in the rear seating area the inside wall was loose. and a few other small things.

They fixed them no problem right?

NO they repaired the wall with THREE INCH LONG STAPELS!!!!

Needless to say I got to see the look on the new owners face when we walked around for the last inspection and had staples sticking 1 inch through the outer skin of his new 38000.00 investment before it ever left the lot. Dealer made it right on the repairs but it is sad.

They reparied it properly and no events after the first day.

Mike
Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #20

My first outing in our Flagstaff I flooded the trailer and was VERY mad (at myself) but it happens and has been great since.

Tags
cherokee