Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #1

forest river not backing warranty

if your buying a new forest river buy from a dealer you know. forest river will not back a fantastic fan they did not wire to the wall switch even though the one in the bathroom is on the wall switch told dealer they would not cover expenses, even though I special order this trailer and had these installed at the factory. poor customer service since day one thankfully for a good dealer
wisconsin39kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin39kt View Post
if your buying a new forest river buy from a dealer you know. forest river will not back a fantastic fan they did not wire to the wall switch even though the one in the bathroom is on the wall switch told dealer they would not cover expenses, even though I special order this trailer and had these installed at the factory. poor customer service since day one thankfully for a good dealer

What?????
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #3

Is the Dealer you (Ordered) from the same one that is going to charge you to wire the fan? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin39kt View Post
If the dealer installed it wouldn't it be under the dealer's warranty?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
If the dealer installed it wouldn't it be under the dealer's warranty?
even though I special order this trailer and had these installed at the factory.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
even though I special order this trailer and had these installed at the factory.
Sorry but the wiring comment threw me off.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #7
Engineer of Crazy Train

Ok, so your fan is not controlled by a wall switch? Ok, so that is a preference issue? My Roos fan in he bathroom was controlled by the light switch. I rewired it myself because I didn't want that. And, looking at my wiring, if my camper had a 2nd fan, I doibt there would be a switch for it on the wall, just at the fan.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #8

How long have you had the trailer? Is it under any extended warranty? Do you need to go to fan company ? The fantastic fan in the bathroom of our trailer needs the wall switch that operates the light also to be on but it still has a multi position switch for different speeds on the fan....along with limiting switch on the vent so will not run until vent is opened far enough.....living area fan works same way, except no wall switch.....if it was incorrectly installed, I am sure FR would cover it as they have covered many items on my unit providing excellent service....I have no complaint about the great service they have provided for me .....did your fan fail?....or are you just not satisfied on how it was installed at the factory.....are you saying that they will cover the fan in the bathroom that is wired to wall switch, but not the ones in other parts of your unit???? More data would be nice on a post like this.....good luck with getting your unit as you like.....

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #9

no these were installed at the factory and forest river will not cover the cost to have the dealer do the work , it would not be bad if I could reach the ceiling but at eight and a half ft. I am not jumping up to turn the controls. the dealer is going to wire it at no cost to me but it does not sit well when forest river will not cover warranty work on a brand new trailer I am not new to this , its my third trailer
Old 07-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #10

If I understand you correctly, your trailer came with two Fantastic fans. One in the bathroom, which is wired to a wall switch, and one in another location, which is not wired to a wall switch. You order the trailer with the understanding that the second fan would be wired to a wall switch, which did not happen. Now FR is saying they will not cover the cost to wire the second fan to a wall switch.

Correct?
If so, I would check to see if the dealer really ordered it that way (or if that was even an option to order it that way). If it was ordered correctly, and the build sheet shows this item (option), then I don't see why FR would not reimburse the dealer to correct the error. If the dealer did not order it, then it's on the dealer to make it right.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #11

problem is I have a switch in the main room that does nothing why would one be on a switch and one not as I stated this is a park model is so reaching the ceiling is impossible learned my lesson will buy off the lot next time special order is not so special
Old 07-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #12

if you ordered it with the second fan you should have dealt with a dealer that knew that required a thermostat (extra cost) for that fan, if not you get a fan that you have to turn on manually, not FR problem or fault, have had a few sold to me like that.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty