Old 08-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #1

Smile FR Cherokee Grey Wolf 29TE

My husband and I are considering an upgrade to the 29TE. We currently have the GW 26DBH but not fond of the Double Bunks. Harder for our adult friends to get in and out of than it is for our 23 yr. old who does it with ease. I personally get stuck up there every time.

I'd love to see some reviews on this model. Did some searching in the forum and didn't find much. Thank you.

Greywolf17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #2

Don't have either one.... but from looking at the floor plans, it looks like a good solution.

The bunks look narrow. Can you make them into a larger bed by putting a board and some cushions between them to make a larger bed? I know the bunk beds in our REV are much narrower than a traditional twin.

It looks like it has a door to give privacy in the bunk bed area?

2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
2nd rig 2006 Toyota Tundra &
2010 Cikira 21RB 19' travel trailer
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #3

There are a fair number of youtube videos on the 29TE such as this one

We looked at the 29TE, but went with the 27dbs instead. The 29TE is a nice trailer, spacious and a great bathroom but it is a long trailer, 36' 6" as I recall, and the 27dbs is 32' 6". That 4' extra is a lot, especially towing with our 4 dr crew cab long box pickup.
Also with the 29TE, I laid down in the bottom bunk, but could not sit up without hitting the top bunk. Same when sitting on the edge. So not real adult friendly. Had to crawl in/out of the bunk.

With our 27dbs, we removed the fold out couch (easy to put back) and did a bed instead which is very adult friendly. Just returned from a 7 day trip where an adult friend used that bed and did great (upper bunk "up"). Also did a week with two grandsons (upper bunk "down") and worked awesome.

Hope that helps.

PS, I think they also have a 29TE option with two queen beds instead of bunk. Perhaps that is the one you are looking at. I did not have an opportunity to physically inspect any of those models. Again, there are some youtube vids of those as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27dbsbed.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	183257  
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #4

We have a 2018 29TE and love it, I was really wanting a bunk model,outdoor kitchen and a two door entry and the nice big bathroom being separated from the bunk area was a plus for sleeping people, we love how spacious the inside is and the layout of the couch to TV, has lots of inside and outside storage for being a travel trailer, the bunks are definitely more kid friendly than adult but I do believe I could sleep adults in the bunks, with the outdoor kitchen the bunk above it is a little wider than the other two, the Grey Wolf definitely seemed to be built better and have more options in the same price point as some other brands

The only cons I have are it is low like all Grey Wolfs but it is also long and low, I have drug the rear drag bars a few times, Im actually think of lifting the trailer around 4
mz_cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:53 AM   #5

Consider having the rear axle flipped. Had that done on my 29BH and I dont have any issues dragging bottom. The only downside is that the first step in to the trailer may be a bit high for some. The next upgrade will be a set of morryde entry steps which will fix that issue

Good luck
cherokeewolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:27 PM   #6

Great Rig

We bought a 29TE at the end of the summer and have been out with it three times. It is a great fit for our family of five and have received a lot of compliments on it. My only complaint is the beds are not very comfortable, could use more outside storage, and would like a bigger grey water tank. All minor things. We are already looking at Mattress Insider to replace all the beds and the rest is just minor. Even though it is longer and heavier than we wanted we have been pulling with a 2015 Ford F150 with the V6. No problem on power, just a little to lite of truck. Will probably move up to a F250 next summer if money allows. I would buy this camper again. Hope this helps.

mpercival is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, grey wolf