Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinTwister View Post
Judging from what I have heard on this thread, the overflow is a simple back flow through the fill tube.
Please correct me if you have definitive knowledge as to where the EXACT place the overflow emanates from.
The overflow on my tank is along the top edge of the tank. A welded in 90 degree fitting with a barbed end and a piece of hose that comes down just below the bottom of my tank.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
All it takes is a piece of tire or other debris hitting that thing and taking it all off including breaking the tank. If you want a ball valve, put a tee in and run a line sideways with a ball valve close to the edge of the trailer. If the cap is leaking, you need a better cap. All I have is a cap and it never leaks.
Neighbor kicked up a piece of leaf spring on the interstate last season. It bounced around blowing a hole in his black tank and FW tank and his FW drain...which looks a lot like mine...was intact. Hell...hitting anything on the interstate and yeah...you could tear 90% of your sewer system out.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:20 PM   #23

overflow

WOLFPAQ: Do you have a 26DJSE?
PinTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Neighbor kicked up a piece of leaf spring on the interstate last season. It bounced around blowing a hole in his black tank and FW tank and his FW drain...which looks a lot like mine...was intact. Hell...hitting anything on the interstate and yeah...you could tear 90% of your sewer system out.
And why make it worse with adding something rigid hanging down.

Common sense!
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:59 PM   #25
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Not one piece of PEX in that picture that was posted in post #5. If it was PEX, it would be a different story
AH, my mistake. I thought it was one of the low point drains. You are correct as its the fresh water tank drain and hard plumbed. Striking that would be really bad.

I might want to use a vinyl tube and a shutoff located away from the tank itself.
I would hate to crack that tank.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
I might want to use a vinyl tube and a shutoff located away from the tank itself.
I would hate to crack that tank.
Exactly. I mentioned that too.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #27

Quote:
WOLFPAQ: Do you have a 26DJSE?
PATRIOT Special Edition. Rebranded Cherokee 304BS.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #28

Quote:
And why make it worse with adding something rigid hanging down.

Common sense!
If designers had "Common Sense" the black and gray lines wouldn't be 6" off the ground. You'll destroy the sewer lines long before you ever break that valve. Also....Common Sense told me...In Case of Pump Failure...I made an Adapter to hook my FW hose to the end of that drain and I can draw water straight from the tank if needed. How's that for "Common Sense" Bab's ??
Old 04-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
If designers had "Common Sense" the black and gray lines wouldn't be 6" off the ground.
So... with that logic, add another dozen things hanging down that can get broken off....got it!

I am not excited about the black and grey dump drain designs either but I am not making matters worse by adding more things that can get hit!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #30
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
AEOMT: You are correct about the small screened vent hole.
I looked inside my vanity for the connections and I found a large corrugated hose and another one for shore water hookup. There was also the small hole in question, and it is actually a "dummy" port that goes nowhere.
It is not really a dummy port, but it is trailer manufacturers using parts that are still available on RV's.

Most older model trailers and RV's used that little screen hole at the fill vent, but nowadayz the tanks have the vent elsewhere.

However, there are probably a few that still use that as a vent.

Again...just using up parts that are still available.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
It is not really a dummy port, but it is trailer manufacturers using parts that are still available on RV's.

Most older model trailers and RV's used that little screen hole at the fill vent, but nowadayz the tanks have the vent elsewhere.

However, there are probably a few that still use that as a vent.

Again...just using up parts that are still available.
Probably the best explanation as to why it's there.

Tags
drain, fresh water, water