Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
I'm not sure why you paid the bill?
There shouldn't have been one.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 79
Had same thing on 2006 Sierra where the cold and hot water lines run under the slide. The 2X6 that the slide rests on on the trailer floor has a channel milled in it and the hot water line had gotten out of the track and pinched between metal floor support and 2X6. I fixed it may self as I have never had any luck getting warranty work done on any trailer I have had. I guess you need to check them out before you buy them and have everything fixed before you sign on the dotted line.
__________________

__________________
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #13
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 15,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I'm not sure why you paid the bill?
There shouldn't have been one.
I would venture to guess that the dealer told the OP that there was a doubt as to whether it was a warranted condition.....so they wanted to be paid in case FR didn't pay the dealer, and charged the customer at the time of service. The customer (rightfully so) is wanting his money back from Forest River....and probably feels he is getting the runaround now, which he could be. Since the dealer had been paid, they may not feel like expending the resources in hounding FR for repayment for the customer. It is also a good check and balance thing for the OP to get in touch with FR to make sure they haven't paid a claim on his trailer to the dealer already.

I encounter some similar things with tires. There are occasions when a problem arises that may or may not be covered by the tire manufacturer. We tell the customer that we will try to get it covered under warranty, and if the manufacturer does, then it is all good. Sometimes the manufacturer will deny the claim, or pay a lot less than is required. The only way we (as a dealer) can get our money is to charge the customer upfront....then see what happens with the manufacturer. If we get paid, then we refund the customer his money. I have been burned for many a dollar by not doing it this way.

Try adjusting a $250 dollar tire and then have the manufacturer deny the adjustment claim. You then call the customer, who you let drive away without paying you upfront (since adjustments take a while, sometimes months) and tell them they have to come back and pay you the $250. Well, not only will they not come back, they will never buy another tire from you, as they know you will try to get that $250 from them if they ever come thru your doors again. So, as a business, you've lost that $250 and a customer. It's a losing proposition, when you were just trying to help the customer initially. You would have been better to just tell the customer no at the onset, and even if you lost the customer if they get mad, you didn't have to actually pay $250 for them to leave. Money will always come between the dealer/customer relationship.

It kind of goes with my life motto: "Don't ever loan money to a friend you want to keep a friend."
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I would venture to guess that the dealer told the OP that there was a doubt as to whether it was a warranted condition.....so they wanted to be paid in case FR didn't pay the dealer, and charged the customer at the time of service. The customer (rightfully so) is wanting his money back from Forest River....and probably feels he is getting the runaround now, which he could be. Since the dealer had been paid, they may not feel like expending the resources in hounding FR for repayment for the customer. It is also a good check and balance thing for the OP to get in touch with FR to make sure they haven't paid a claim on his trailer to the dealer already.

I encounter some similar things with tires. There are occasions when a problem arises that may or may not be covered by the tire manufacturer. We tell the customer that we will try to get it covered under warranty, and if the manufacturer does, then it is all good. Sometimes the manufacturer will deny the claim, or pay a lot less than is required. The only way we (as a dealer) can get our money is to charge the customer upfront....then see what happens with the manufacturer. If we get paid, then we refund the customer his money. I have been burned for many a dollar by not doing it this way.

Try adjusting a $250 dollar tire and then have the manufacturer deny the adjustment claim. You then call the customer, who you let drive away without paying you upfront (since adjustments take a while, sometimes months) and tell them they have to come back and pay you the $250. Well, not only will they not come back, they will never buy another tire from you, as they know you will try to get that $250 from them if they ever come thru your doors again. So, as a business, you've lost that $250 and a customer. It's a losing proposition, when you were just trying to help the customer initially. You would have been better to just tell the customer no at the onset, and even if you lost the customer if they get mad, you didn't have to actually pay $250 for them to leave. Money will always come between the dealer/customer relationship.

It kind of goes with my life motto: "Don't ever loan money to a friend you want to keep a friend."
Good post Bill, I would just add " tell the builder to 'own up', the customer bought the rig as well as the warranty"
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:35 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Very good analogy. I guess I never thought of it that way. I did write a letter to FR warrantee Rep and I'll just wait for a reply. Thank you to everyone that has replied, I'll keep you posted
__________________
Husqvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:00 AM   #16
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Good post Bill, I would just add " tell the builder to 'own up', the customer bought the rig as well as the warranty"
(cough) it's Bobby (cough) not Bill (cough).

I think the confusing part is his stupid user name- wmtire = "West Monroe" and not "William" like you'd be led to believe. I say we just call him mean names.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #17
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 15,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husqvarna View Post
Very good analogy. I guess I never thought of it that way. I did write a letter to FR warrantee Rep and I'll just wait for a reply. Thank you to everyone that has replied, I'll keep you posted
Please do keep us posted. We do want to know how this one turns out, and if it's dealer or FR in where the problem lies.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
This is the response I received back from Mark Palmer at Forest River.
I told him that I would keep this in mind when I buy my next RV.



The unit is out of warranty , this is why the repair was rejected by warranty. Have a great day!!!


Thank You,
Have a Great Day!

Mark Palmer
Cherokee Warranty Representative
Phone: 260-593-4001
Fax: 574-970-6898
Email: cherokeewarranty@forestriverinc.com

From: Tim ---------
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 4:37 PM
To: Mark Palmer
Subject: Re: 2014

Hi Mark
My last 7 of my VIN are X11-----.Thank you advance for your help.
Tim

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 9, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Mark Palmer <mpalmer@forestriverinc.com> wrote:

Thank you for your e-mail, if you would forward me the last 7 of the vin to your unit I will investigate this issue further, thanks


Thank You,
Have a Great Day!

Mark Palmer
Cherokee Warranty Representative
Phone: 260-593-4001
Fax: 574-970-6898
Email: cherokeewarranty@forestriverinc.com
__________________
Husqvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #19
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 15,049
I understand the unit has a one year warranty, but exactly when did you purchase it? It very well could have been returned to the dealer within that year limit with it being a 2014 model and you stated it was September of 2014 when returned.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:17 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
I just looked at my title and I purchased it 6-07-13 so it is out of warrantee. It's funny how the problem didn't show up until a year later. So it was three months past warrantee, I'm such a dummy. I'm being sarcastic. It is what it is.
__________________

__________________
Husqvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frame, fresh water, water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.