Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
TeresaInCAL

Fresh Water Tank Problems

Oh, you also might have someone (you trust), check the strapping for the fresh water tank. Mine snapped the first year. Turns out they only used a very thin metal strap similar to hot water tank strapping (with the holes). My RV guy welded a bar under to hold it properly.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #2

On another issue the fresh water tank drain valve was directly above the rear axle and upon shipment from the factory to the dealer the axle busted the fresh water tank and was leaking Good thing the dealer fills everything with water and gives it a checkout before you leave. I am the one that found this only because the dealer still had some water left in the tank they had to build an offset and rerun the hose to the pump to clear the axle. Besides replacing the tank Nice huh??!!Also the straps that hold the tank in are really inadequate and I put in a few more stronger ones to hold things in place. Seems like a lot of work by the owner so everybody look at your tanks!
Hemi 4 ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #3

About the FW tank, mine was cracked from factory as well (found pre-PDI when I put in a request to check for the infamous missing vent line) and they replaced it before I picked it up. Cost me another week of waiting, but didn't need it that week anyways.
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #4

Angry

You mean to tell me there is suppose to be a vent line from the factory?? I put a tube on myself thinking this was a pretty shoddy way of letting the air out of the tank when you fill it. Thought there was suppose to be something there because I thought that was a terrible way of letting dirt and debris into the tank.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #5

Yes, they were supposed to have installed it. I had the same problem on mine. I went and bought the supplies and did it myself.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #6

What Did you use for the end of the hose? some kind of difuser stone to let air out but keep debris from getting in? And how far did you run the hose out somewhere on the frame rail?