Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #1

Furrion Multimedia Center

We have a new Grey Wolf 23MK and we have been very happy so far. Unfortunately, there was little to no instruction at the point of sale. We have been kinda fumbling our way through to this point. I cannot figure out the damn "Multimedia Center". The one in our trailer is similar to this one; https://furrion.com/products/dv7200-...ainment-system

I thought that I would be able to go into the faceplate HDMI and this would then play on my TV. This is not the case. What is the purpose of the HDMI input on the unit? I can hook up through Bluetooth, but cannot play anything from my phone through the unit. Is there some trick to this? Thanks in advance for your help.
Jhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
NPR

More knowledgeable people will chime in but I don't think you can play video through the USB connection. Mine will only work for music. I have a firewire connection to a HDMI cable to the T.V. to play video off of my apple phone.
NPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #3

Can we assume you changed the TV input to the correct HDMI?
I don't have this unit but I had to contact Furrion for help. They determined the unit was faulty I received new unit in two days. They were very helpful we also found cables were not installed properly.
I know you will want contact info I dont know if I still have it but I found it here on the forums.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:05 AM   #4

If I recall from my PDI, it is just a passthrough HDMI port. In other words, it doesn't actually do anything but pass the signal from the front HDMI port to the rear HDMI port.

I know the rear port of that unit on my 18MT is connected to an HDMI splitter which feeds the HDMI port on the ceiling by where the TV would go, and the outside HDMI port by the TV mount on the side of the TT under the awning.

If yours isn't feeding the TV, I would pull it out and check to make sure the rear port is connected. The bezel around the unit pops off gently with a flat screwdriver under the bottom of it, and there are 4 screws that secure the unit. I watched them pull it out during my PDI, because the original one in my TT was scratched, and I had them replace it.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by campermatt View Post
If I recall from my PDI, it is just a passthrough HDMI port. In other words, it doesn't actually do anything but pass the signal from the front HDMI port to the rear HDMI port.

I know the rear port of that unit on my 18MT is connected to an HDMI splitter which feeds the HDMI port on the ceiling by where the TV would go, and the outside HDMI port by the TV mount on the side of the TT under the awning.

If yours isn't feeding the TV, I would pull it out and check to make sure the rear port is connected. The bezel around the unit pops off gently with a flat screwdriver under the bottom of it, and there are 4 screws that secure the unit. I watched them pull it out during my PDI, because the original one in my TT was scratched, and I had them replace it.
EXACTLY RIGHT.

Pull it off and make sure the connection from the back of the unit is secure along with the connection to the splitter that sends it to the other places you have HDMI ports near TV Mounts. On mine, it's to the outside wall for the outside TV mount and the main living area TV, none in the bedroom.

Way too often the cables are not secure or barely reach and then when they reinstall the radio after hooking everything up, something has come loose. Mine had about an inch of play once I pulled the radio out far enough to see the back of the unit. There was a couple feet of HDMI running from the unit to the splitter but the cord running from the outside HDMI barely could reach the splitter because of the length of the cable running to the main TV had it stretched so far towards that side of the hidden cabinet space.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #6

did it come with a manual? If not, you should be able to find one on line and print it.
Bama Camper1 is offline   Reply With Quote