Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #1

Gap under bed in front.

Just bought a 2017 16 bhs and got under the bed and noticed a gap between the floor and the front wall that I can stick my fingers into down to my knuckles until I hit the black nylon that lines the underneath of the camper. Anybody else have this or is it just mine?
Peprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #2

Fixed it

Put 1 inch square soft foam in the crevice then put a 1x3 on top of it.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #3

Wolf pup 16fq

Mine has that same gap. Worry about winter mice chewing thru the black sheeting and coming in. How and where did you attach the 1 x 3?
Hat creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat creek View Post
Mine has that same gap. Worry about winter mice chewing thru the black sheeting and coming in. How and where did you attach the 1 x 3?
Here is the gap I was speaking off, if it will let me post this pic I’ll post a pic of the fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4A7A2472-C525-4AF4-ABC4-A348546098EA.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	469.9 KB
ID:	185789  
Old 09-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #5

Pic of the fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat creek View Post
Hopefully this pic goes through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	185791  
Old 09-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #6

Gap under bed in front.

That’s a big gap and a nice fix. I have a 2017.5 16BHS and have just the rounded corner 1/8 gap in the front there. Cannot see past the flooring at all. I did recently fill that area with clear flexible silicon.

I had ants under the water heater, so filled silicon where ever I could find possible entrances (the propane line went through a hole I could see light through). Filled that hole (from the top and underneath) as well as that crevasse in the front floor storage area.

K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peprice View Post
Here is the gap I was speaking off, if it will let me post this pic I’ll post a pic of the fix.

Shameful, just more quality workmanship.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kevin View Post
That’s a big gap and a nice fix. I have a 2017.5 16BHS and have just the rounded corner 1/8 gap in the front there. Cannot see past the flooring at all. I did recently fill that area with clear flexible silicon.

I had ants under the water heater, so filled silicon where ever I could find possible entrances (the propane line went through a hole I could see light through). Filled that hole (from the top and underneath) as well as that crevasse in the front floor storage area.

Question for you, how far forward does your floor go? Does it go all the way underneath the wall or does it stop before it. I am wondering just due to structural support of the floor going under the wall. This is what I am concerned about.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Question for you, how far forward does your floor go? Does it go all the way underneath the wall or does it stop before it. I am wondering just due to structural support of the floor going under the wall. This is what I am concerned about.

It goes all the way to the front wall but doesn’t seem to be attached. May offer a bit of support for the front, but probably not enough to notice. Looks like a defect in your case and most likely your fix is better then what FR would do.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kevin View Post
It goes all the way to the front wall but doesn’t seem to be attached. May offer a bit of support for the front, but probably not enough to notice. Looks like a defect in your case and most likely your fix is better then what FR would do.
I emailed forest river today about it and will call them to see what they say. And you are probably right on my fix is better. Thanks for the info about how yours is, really appreciate it.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #11

Quote:
I emailed forest river today about it and will call them to see what they say. And you are probably right on my fix is better. Thanks for the info about how yours is, really appreciate it.

I did add photos above
Old 09-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #12

My 26rr and 27rr both had this. I filled it with silicon. I like the 1x3 idea and will add that.
n0ms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed